To retrieve the access privileges for a particular record using jscript in crm 2011 RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi

In contact entity, other users who are not owner, can view only the selected fields of contact record. If owner share the contact record to some users then those users can view all the fields. All the users have same privilege and access level for contact entity. Field level security is not supported since there are more than 40 fields. I have tried to retrieve the access rights of the logged in user, but could not proceed. Please provide any link or suggestion that would be grateful.

Arun Kumar G

Sunday, September 15, 2013 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Aron,

Your requirement is not quite clear but you can find the privileges of user through soap RetrieveUserPrivileges request.

http://mileyja.blogspot.in/2011/05/using-retrieveuserprivileges-requests.html

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sunday, September 15, 2013 6:12 PM
  • Arun,

If you are looking to implement field level security by yourself then refer this blog . It explains how to implement field level security using custom code in detail. You can upgrade the code to work for CRM 2011 and it should solve your problem.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Sunday, September 15, 2013 10:18 PM
    • Proposed as answer by nrodri Monday, September 16, 2013 10:06 AM
    Monday, September 16, 2013 7:31 AM
  • Let me clear my situation. I have to retieve the privileges for particular contact record through jscript. In which the privileges are given by the contact owner while clicking the share button in the record's ribbon button. So when any other user tried to open the contact, my jscript should check and retrieve the shared privileges given by contact owner and based on that i have to hide/show the contact fields. Please let me know i explained my requirement clearly.

Arun Kumar G

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 4:59 AM