none
My vote for the MSDN branding format as of 2/25/2012 RRS feed

• General discussion

• All the different forums branding now have different formats. My vote is to copy the current MSDN branding over to others.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:07 PM

All replies

• I agree. BTW, looks like there is a limit of the minimum # of characters, I as I was unable to simply type +1.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Sunday, February 26, 2012 2:13 AM
  • Believe it is four chars

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Sunday, February 26, 2012 2:17 AM
  • All the different forums branding now have different formats.

Wouldn't this be a textbook example of using alternate stylesheets, so the user can decide which to use without changing the URL? Most browsers nowadays support alternate stylesheets, don't they?

While they're at it, they could also provide a high-visibility stylesheet for users like me and these. This could have increased font sizes for the smallest bits, black text instead of TechNet's grey, higher-contrast icon colours and so on. While some of these deficiencies can be mitigated by browser settings, those settings will always detract from the overall appearance of the page and might need changing as soon as the user visits another site.

I find it very strange that MS don't do more to make their forum web pages more accessible to those with less-than-perfect eyesight, quite apart from other disabilities.

Noel

Monday, February 27, 2012 10:16 AM