Lightbox Support

• Is there a quick easy way to support Lightbox for pictures inserted using Windows Live Writer?

I see with all the release blurbs statements like, "Lightbox support" but no explanation as to how to implement it.

I'd like a plug-in or something that allows me to designate all (or some) pictures as Lightboxable and enter the caption. Then when the reader clicks the picture it shows using the lightbox script.

All the plug-in has to do is add a rel="lightbox" attribute to the "<a>" tag, and a text-box input in the picture's Properties dialog box which also adds the title= attribute.

I don't want to have to manually edit the HTML

Any ideas? Any Plug-ins?

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:21 PM

All replies

• Right click on the image, select Hyperlink, click on Advanced. This will give you the rel box that you can then just type in "lightbox". Live Writer will then add that code to the image.
    SL - Windows Live Platform MVP
    If my post has answered your question, please mark it as an answer.
    • Proposed as answer by Scott Lovegrove Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:40 PM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:40 PM
  • I have a similar problem with shadowbox. Of course you can add it manually, but I would be happier if I did not have to type it every time. Since I also use it when opening regular links, the code gets more elaborate.

It would be nice though if you were able to add these just once and they would appear in the 'rel'  dropdown box.

Sunday, April 11, 2010 2:09 PM
  • You could submit a request to the developers forum for a suggestion of a plug-in for the 'lightbox' option.

With the 'lightbox' option being as popular as they are, it'd be a nuisance having to do that over an over; especially if you've lots of images. 

URL to Windows Live Writer developer forum:

I hope this helps...

L. Henry Jr.

Sunday, April 11, 2010 5:44 PM