Computer sending emails to my YAHOO address list RRS feed

• Question

• I run Windows XP with Windows Live One-Care, all software updaed automically. 

SPAM emails sent to my Yahoo address are somehow resending themselves to my total address list. Note that I have deleted them without opening. Note also that I ran the Windows Live One virus scan on total computer, and found nothing. 

How do I stop this? 

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:54 PM

Answers

• This has nothing to do with the security on your PC as theus is happening on your yahoo web mail account, which has likely been compromised. You need to contact Yahoo if this is the case.
    If you are using an email program to access your Yahoo mail and the sending of messages only happens when the PC is on and connected, then your PC may be infected.

If you are using Windows Live OneCare and you have been infected, but OneCare did not detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:24 PM