none
cant start debbing because exe is missing in visual studio

General discussion

• hi i have made one successful program in visual studio but now i have tried making 4 programs and visual studio said for all of them that it cant start debugging because exe is missing? when i check in documents, visual studio, projects and so on there is exe files and i tried opening them from there but it doesn't work?
    Sunday, June 7, 2015 5:40 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The forum is for VSTO specific questions. Do you develop a VSTO based add-in?

Sunday, June 7, 2015 9:04 AM
  • It looks like you are creating a class library project which needs a start up project to be set up. In your 4 project-solution, follow the given options, 

1. Select the project which has an executable file. Console or other similar applications would do so.
    2. Right click on the project.
    3. Set it as Start up project.

Now the project would be set to start up project. When you would debug it (Start) it would run this project as main entry program. 

The sh*t I complain about It's like there ain't a cloud in the sky and it's raining out - Eminem

Sunday, June 7, 2015 9:16 AM
  • Afzaal,

Typically VSTO add-ins don't require setting the external application to start with.

Sunday, June 7, 2015 2:17 PM
  • Hi I'm new to visual studio but i mostly have experience with web development software, but anyway i have been learning from youtube vids and I'm not sure what you mean, I did everything in visual studio from watching youtube vids?
    Sunday, June 7, 2015 3:00 PM
  • Hi wow cool

Could you please tell us what kind of project/solution you've created so that we can move your question to the most appropriate forum? Perhaps if you told us the menu commands you used to create the project? File/...?

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Sunday, June 7, 2015 7:26 PM
  • Its a screen capture project
    Monday, June 8, 2015 8:21 AM
  • Hi wow cool

That's not helpful. We need more information about the TECHNOLOGY you're using. I'm going to move this to a forum that supports finding the correct forum for what you're doing...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 5:22 PM
  • Might try them over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=csharpgeneral%2Cvbgeneral%2Cvcgeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 12:03 AM