WHS and Windows Desktop Search 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Now that the new version of Windows Desktop Search has come out, are there any features in this that might make it easier to search for files on WHS?  I'm trying to see if there's any way to easily index WHS or just to combine the local WDS indexed file with the WHS version.  Is this at all possible or is it still a pipedream and I'm still stuck slowly adding UNC folders one at a time?

I really think this is a major feature that really should be locally implemented for WHS.
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 3:49 PM

All replies

• I'm reading that someone had Windows Search 4.0 working before PP1. IT's supposed to allow aggregation of the search indexes, but I haven't tried to set that up myself.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:39 PM
  • Windows Home Server is designed to work with the version of Desktop Search that came with it. If/when the team thinks it appropriate, I'm sure they will update to a newer version. In the meantime, you can play around with the new version on your server, but it's unsupported, so if you break something you may require a server reinstallation.
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:52 PM
  • Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:09 PM