none
WPF Datagrid very slow in a popup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a wpf window with a datagrid in it from the WPFToolkit. I am using framework3.5 SP1.

the datagrid is binging to a dataview property of an object implementing the INotifyPropertyChanged interface.

When I set the property to a first instance of the dataview, the grid displays properly.

But, when I set the property to a new dataview, after calling the Inotifyproperty changed event (i.e when notifying the datagrid to display the changes), it takes over 10 seconds to display.

Note that the dataview displays about 400 rows and 2 columns.

I tried a few things:

Disabling the sort and filtering, but it did not change anything
    Disabling the automationpeers as presented in a MSFT post using a facebook example
    Using the Team edition profiler but it did not say that much apart that it is running system level dlls

What else could I try?
    • Edited by RenaudRimes Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:33 PM
    • Moved by Tim Li Monday, March 1, 2010 5:56 AM off-topic (From:Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF))
    Monday, February 22, 2010 6:59 PM

All replies

• Hi all

By digging a bit more, I found the root cause. The datagrid our in a popup. I believe the bad performance comes from the rendering of the popup when it contains heavy object.

As a matter of fact, it is faster on other machines so I guess I have some bad setup on my machine.

I haven't found the answer yet over the net. Any ides?
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:33 PM
  • Hello,

This is not the best place for WPF Toolkit questions, I suggest you could try codeplex.com (http://www.codeplex.com/wpf/Thread/List.aspx ) for better help.

Thanks.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:55 AM