none
Cant login in to Sunset RRS feed

• Question

• Just downloaded Sunset on a new computer (7 Pro) --no old Money --won't accept my Windows ID--changed that ID and it still won't recognize it.

There seems to be a thread about removing windows ID--from password manager--I never saved my ID--

I'd appreciate knowing the correct steps to be able to log into Sunset 

Thanks

Friday, March 2, 2012 6:20 PM

All replies

• Do you still get into your Money file on the old computer due to some caching? If so, save all of your accounts as loose QIF files. They can be very useful if you cannot come up with your credentials.

Your attempt to change the Live ID will not help. You need to remember the credentials in effect at the time the file was saved.

Write down what you remember about the password and the email address associated with the Live ID. The password part is case-sensitive. Think of variations you may have used. You are not getting into that file without the right credentials.

Then disconnect from the Internet.  Start Money, and log in offline. Try all of the variations from your list. Once you hit the right combination, remove your LiveID. Remember you must use the credentials that were in effect at the time that you saved that Money file.

If you succeed getting in, you can remove the Live ID in Money 2006 or later, go to
    File-PasswordManager, and choose to remove your LiveID.  To remove
    or add a conventional password, also see File->PasswordManager.

Friday, March 2, 2012 10:54 PM
  • Microsoft Money is not a component of Windows Live. Limiting access to a Money data file with a Windows Live ID has been discouraged for several years.

If you are new to Money, just start Money by creating a new data file - File\New. Use a password, not a Windows Live ID, if you want to restrict access to your data.

Saturday, March 3, 2012 8:05 AM
  • Have the same issue.    Had Money 2004, suddenly sent message it wasn't properly installed.  I uninstalled it and installed Sunset, have 3 files, two of them were opened with no problems, and the largest and oldest cannot open

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 3:49 AM
  • I submit mi old windows live id password, and it freeze for a minute, then shows invalid credentials message

• Proposed as answer by cyn2015 Wednesday, July 29, 2015 3:51 AM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 3:51 AM