Windows Server Connector Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Have a new acer home server H340.The problem i am having is that i can get the computer running vista premium to connect to server,downloads connector software then goes through until it gets to initialize server.Then it fails to initialize.The think is it worked once,but after 5 hours of it initializing i thought that there was something wrong,so i canceled and started over.When i canceled there was nothing happening on the progress bar.Since then i am unable to get the past initialize.Not sure if there is some reminents of the connector software somewhere or what is going on.Any help would be appreciated.Does Windows have phone tech support for this product that is free?
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 12:38 AM

Answers

• Have a new acer home server H340.The problem i am having is that i can get the computer running vista premium to connect to server,downloads connector software then goes through until it gets to initialize server.Then it fails to initialize.The think is it worked once,but after 5 hours of it initializing i thought that there was something wrong,so i canceled and started over.When i canceled there was nothing happening on the progress bar.Since then i am unable to get the past initialize.Not sure if there is some reminents of the connector software somewhere or what is going on.Any help would be appreciated.Does Windows have phone tech support for this product that is free?

Hi,

In this case, the tech support would be through Acer as they are the OEM. If you are unable to contact them, please let me know via whsforum@microsoft.com.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:44 AM