locked
SLA Service Schedule Calendar BUG? RRS feed

  • Question

  • I believe I may discovered a bug in the new SLA Service Schedule Calendars.

    I've been setting up some test SLA's to see how the new features work and whether they are robust enough to implement in a production environment. So far I've liked what I've seen, but I've just wasted half a day trying to understand why my SLA's were being rather generous with the 'First Response By' date and 'Resolve By' date.

    I set up an SLA for First Response in 30mins and Resolution within 60mins. I then setup a Service Calendar where I specified our business hours were 1pm to 5pm Monday to Friday.

    When I create a Case it's calculating the first response and resolution targets as being for the following day!!!

    This is wrong and had me flummoxed why it was being so generous. I initial thought this may be a British Summer time (Daylight savings time adjustment issue). However it turns out to be even stranger than that. I can only get the SLA to work correctly if the Weekly Hours Schedule includes a SATURDAY.

    Whether you set the work hours to be the same for each day, or pick the vary day by day option It does not work with half days (pm only) unless you include the Saturday.

    Can others confirm this issue and perhaps know of a work around, for what must be the most bizarre functionality bug ever?

    Steve

    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 2:22 PM

Answers

  • 24 Hours Later this problem has gone away and I can no longer reproduce it.
    I suggest people experimenting with this park it as this may have been a damaged record or some other environmental glitch.

    If the problem comes back I will update the community.
    Thanks

    Steve

    • Marked as answer by lemonje Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:57 PM
    Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:57 PM

All replies

  • What if you select observe holiday

    Regards Faisal

    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 3:57 PM
  • That does not make any difference. Here is a summary of what I did.

    1. Firstly I'm in the UK so it's the GMT time zone and to confuse matters further we are in British Summer Time which adds an additional hour to the time.

    2. Created a working hours schedule that stated working hours were 1pm to 5pm Mon-Fri.

    3. Removed holidays so that it was a simple as possible.

    4. Created an SLA that required a warning after 15mins for first response and failure after 30 mins for first response.

    5. This SLA should (on creation of a case) set the target time to 1.30pm when creating the cases prior to 1pm )i.e. in the morning). What is was doing was creating target dates for 1.30pm but the following day given a target time of 1day and 30 mins.

    6. This problem would disappear when I included the Saturday in the working hours schedule!!!

    Am I going mad or is there a problem here. I'm trying to set up SLA's for Monday to Friday so this is a real problem for me.

    Steve

    Thursday, July 3, 2014 9:33 AM
  • 24 Hours Later this problem has gone away and I can no longer reproduce it.
    I suggest people experimenting with this park it as this may have been a damaged record or some other environmental glitch.

    If the problem comes back I will update the community.
    Thanks

    Steve

    • Marked as answer by lemonje Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:57 PM
    Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:57 PM