Problems with Vista 32 Validation - says Windows not Activated but it is activated! RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to Validate Vista 32 bit, it tells me that I must Activate Vista first. But it IS activated, and when you go to the computer proerties it says so. When I di the genuine diagnostics tools, everything passes.

Any ideas? I am going in circles.

Monday, June 4, 2007 4:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Nightrage,

Would you let me know if phone activation worked for you?

Thank you!

Thursday, June 7, 2007 10:18 PM
  • Nightrage,

The problem is with MS. It seems to be with the way phone activation and validation look at hardware ID.  MS is going to be implementing a fix in July, but for now they’re just replacing the keys of customers who hit this error code because your current key is stuck in a kind of limbo from the validation perspective.

I got this info from MS support person who provided me a new key.

Friday, June 8, 2007 12:04 AM
  • My problem is fixed! I received a new replacement key from MS support and it worked fine, I am fully activated AND Validated.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 8:08 AM

All replies

• I have the exact same problem.

According to the system properties, my Vista is activated. The check on http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ however,  tells me that I have to activate first in order to validate.

I activated via phone a few days ago after I restored a full system backup on my new HD, because the old one failed. A few days later, I had to activate again because I rolled back the SATA driver, but this time I used the online activation.

Everything was fine at first, but for a few days now Vista tells me that it's not genuine and has deactivated a few features like Aero Glass(I use Vista Ultimate, 32-Bit - System Builder Version that I bought, it didn't come with my PC).

I already wrote to the e-mail support, but the only answered I got, is that they are looking into it.

The ID is SRX1036505971 - it's the German Support because I'm from Germany.

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid License
    Detailed Status: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-P6GT3-MBDP7-7CVXY
    Windows Product Key Hash: lgVhdGX1p02Q7eI6DZeaUl84Us0=
    Windows Product ID: 89580-OEM-7300551-96179
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6000.2.00010100.0.0.001
    ID: 8d59d58d-ea91-4569-9eb5-6899d7212267
    Is Admin: No
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>8d59d58d-ea91-4569-9eb5-6899d7212267</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>6.0.6000.2.00010100.0.0.001</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-7CVXY</PKey><PID>89580-OEM-7300551-96179</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1519693336-730940661-2913410002</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>System manufacturer</Manufacturer><Model>System Product Name</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>ASUS A8N-SLI Premium ACPI BIOS 1011-005</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20060118000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>33333507018400F6</HWID><UserLCID>0407</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>W. Europe Standard Time(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Monday, June 4, 2007 12:07 PM
  • Hi Volkor,

If your System Properties window is showing that you're activated and online validation says you're not, please:

1. Phone activate and speak with a support agent when you’re given the option.  You can start by typing "slui.exe 4" in the search field in the Start Menu and pressing Enter. Follow the prompts through phone activation (be ready for lots of numbers) and then reboot.  The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.

2. Once you're done, please revalidate by clicking on "Validate Windows" here: www.microsoft.com/genuine
    After you've validated successfully you can log out and log back in or reboot to get rid of any non-genuine messaging you may be getting.

If you’ve tried phone activation and you're still reaching the same validation failure page (with error code 0xC004C4A6), please open a free service request by visiting: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?c1=509&gprid=9860 and post your confirmation number here.  I'll contact you directly so we can figure out the cause of your issue. 

If you're not in the US, please also post the name of the support agent who contacts you by e-mail once you've made the free service request.

Thank you!

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 1:27 AM
  • Hi Nightrage,

Would you try activating by phone once more and then try validating again at  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine ?  If you're still reaching the validation failure page with error code 0xC004C4A6 (that code will be in gray brackets at the end of the message on that page) let me know I'll contact you by e-mail to figure out the cause of your issue.

Thanks!

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 1:31 AM
  • I have re-done the phone activation twice now, trying to validate each time again after rebooting, and the validation fails and says that I must activate first.

During the phone activation process, I was not given the option to speak with a support agent.

I have already submitted a free service request to support and my confirmation number is 1036699616.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 4:12 AM
  • Hi Nightrage,

Would you let me know if phone activation worked for you?

Thank you!

Thursday, June 7, 2007 10:18 PM
  • Nightrage,

The problem is with MS. It seems to be with the way phone activation and validation look at hardware ID.  MS is going to be implementing a fix in July, but for now they’re just replacing the keys of customers who hit this error code because your current key is stuck in a kind of limbo from the validation perspective.

I got this info from MS support person who provided me a new key.

Friday, June 8, 2007 12:04 AM
  • It's possible this is the problem, but there's a similar issue that can be solved by phone activating alone and doesn't require the key replacement wait time that Volker is unfortunately going through.  So if you're still reaching the validation failure page with the 0xC004C4A6 error code once you've successfully phone activated, please do let me know by posting a confirmation number from the service request link above and I'll start the process for you.  Also, just to be clear, the solution to the issue if phone activation doesn't work is a key replacement (so we'll issue you a key and block your old one)... it's not a free new key.  Thanks!

Friday, June 8, 2007 6:17 PM
  • My problem is fixed! I received a new replacement key from MS support and it worked fine, I am fully activated AND Validated.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 8:08 AM
  •  Hi the microsoft guys.

do you think that we feel like fixing your damn problems with this lame OS ?  why not post a service pack for the multiple bugs in this unfinished vista ?

I also have the same activation problem, and you know what ?  I use FIREFOX and Microsoft doesn't like it and do everything it can to make me use their explorer to be able to use the microsoft sites. You're so damn lame..  I'm starting to learn how linux work.

Phone microsoft, do this , do that..  WTF   it look like we are working for microsoft now.

Saturday, June 9, 2007 11:58 AM
  • I had no time to do the phone activation again. But I will do it on monday and hopefully this will solve my problem.

I'll give you an update on monday.

Sunday, June 10, 2007 1:31 PM
  • I had not yet time to do the activation again. But I will do it on monday and hopefully this will solve my problem.

I'll update you on monday.

Sunday, June 10, 2007 1:35 PM
  • never mind  i did fix it,  took 2 hours on the phone to fix this vista problem...   they should pay us to use vista .
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 5:28 PM
  • Guess I'm lucky. The phone activation worked for me. My system is finally genuine again.

Thanks for the help.

Monday, June 11, 2007 5:37 PM