Reinstalled connector on Windows 10; now Server services not starting reliably RRS feed

• Question

• One of my Windows 10 machines lost its credentials for WHS while I was troubleshooting a different problem, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the Client Connector. Now when I reboot the client the services don't all start reliably. I can login and the Launchpad starts and tell me that the server appears offline and the event viewer tells me some services aren't started. If I go into the Services MSC and start Windows Server Initialization Service, all comes to life just fine. It is set to Automatic start.

Any suggestions? Is there any way/need to install the Client Connector with compatibility settings for Win7/8?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Monday, November 2, 2015 4:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that services start un-reliably on Windows 10 after re-install the Connector. 

Try to restart the Windows 10 and logon system with a new user account. 

Or, try to re-install the Connector:
    1. Un-install Connector on Windows 10.
    2. Remove Windows 10 from the server(Dashboard - Computers and Backup tab – right click Windows 10 - Remove the computer).
    3. Change the Windows 10 to workgroup.
    4. Try to re-connect the Windows 10 to WHS via http://<servername>/connect, and complete the configuration wizard.

If the problem persists, installing the Connector with Compatibility Mode is also worthy to have a try.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 7:18 AM
  • Still happening.
    Tuesday, December 8, 2015 4:04 PM