none
No Points have been updated at least a few hours (or days)! RRS feed

All replies

• Is there a serious problem scoring system?

I do not know how many points I (We) lost so far
    I think that i lost all the points from WIKI as well.

[Personal Site] [Blog] [Facebook]signature

Sunday, November 3, 2013 6:37 PM
  • Can you build a GUI to look at our points history? not activities but only by points. some changing in points can not see in the activities history i think (like losing points when someone unmarked our massage as answer)?

Sunday, November 3, 2013 8:07 PM
  • I have seen several instances when the the points did not update for several days.  I would give it some time to see if they get updated.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Monday, November 4, 2013 5:32 PM
  • I have got some new points from new answers i gave, but still look like i lost the points, Over a period of several hours to two days (i posted some of the activities i pretty sure i lost points).

It is look like the points system is using different data source (table if you are using Relational database) then the activities list, and it is not correlated with the voting/marking system. Maybe give us some info on the DDL of the database so we can think on a way to do it better :-)

Can you restore lost points?
    Maybe run some update query base on comparing the information. If it was question in the TSQL forum i was answering that MERGE query seem to be fit here :-)

Monday, November 4, 2013 9:53 PM
  • Hi,

Kamin is right, this happens from time to time. It was happening for about 12-18 hours or so last Thursday, but eventually all activity posted to my profile (over the course of several hours).

You can try emailing fissues (at) microsoft [dot] com to report the issue. That's probably the quickest way to let the forums team know that there's an issue that needs attention.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Maybe there's still a chance for hope, over 12,300+ strong and growing)

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 12:13 AM
  • Thanks Mike,

but as i mention it is look like i am getting the new points now as soon as i get them, and not the old points. i can not know ofcourse as i can't do any debug and i don't have any information on the code or database DDL, but this is how it look like, the old points are lost (and it is not the first time)... we notice it only by mistake what we remember the points we had before the bug and see it stay the same during... after some time new points come and we start to lose count. This why i ask for a better GUI to look at our points history, this will help us to monitor our points. I am pretty sure i was not using this architecture for the application. there is lot's of inconsistency potential problem as i can see.

Hope Microsoft will find the bugs and fix it, and maybe restore my lost point in the way. The lost point want to come home and they feel said somewhere in the unknown area... PLEASE HELP THEM COME HOME :-)

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:28 AM
  • Usually when the points got lost (especially if this is not a massive problem but problem affecting few users), they are not returned. So, for this particular case you may email to fissues (and the sooner you do the better), but I suspect you'll never get them back.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:41 PM
  • Thank's Naomi

If I understand correctly someone at Microsoft decided to take the idea of​​: "It's because there is a failure only once in a while, and only some users casualties, and in addition most users do not even notice that are missing points... So what's the problem??? We will continue with it"

THIS IS A POOR WAY OF DEALING A BUG!

* i am not sure i have the time (or the will) to spend on mailing anyone now, for 120 virtual points... I will get more in time.

I hope it will not be repeated to me (probably it will) , and I will not lose more in the future!

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:48 AM