New PC -- Need to install older version of MS Office RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased an Asus computer so that it would work with older platform of MS Office (2010 or older). 

I'm a fish out of water. 

Here's what I think I know:

1.  I originally purchased MS Office Student/Teacher 2003

2. Upgraded that to Office Small Business 2003

3. Upgraded that to Office Professional 2007

When I tried to install from the microsoft office popup, I have these options:

1. I already purchased Office 2010 (I haven't)

2. Go online to Purchase Office (that takes me to 2013 which I cannot use)

3. Try office free for a limited time (I don't want).

(or below all of these boxes, there is an option for "already purchased a different version of Office?)  I CHOSE THIS ONE.

When directed to enter product key, I enter the original key from MS Office Student/Teacher 2003.

I get this message:

The Product Key entered was not recognized as a valid Product Key. Please check the characters entered and try again. You may need to use (link to office setup) instead to download your new Office product. Or you may be entering a Product Key for an older version of Office that uses a different download site. If you need further assistance, please "contact support"  to get additional information.

I go to Office.com/setup and get the following message from ms support page

"Something went wrong and we can't sign you in right now. Please try again later."

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Monday, November 4, 2013 2:36 PM

Answers

• For assistance with installing a Microsoft Office product, please post your inquiry in the Microsoft Community Office Forum.  Thank you!

Carey Frisch

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Monday, November 4, 2013 6:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:54 PM
    Monday, November 4, 2013 3:11 PM
    Answerer