ado.net sync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Does anyone know if I can make use of the ado.net sync component to sync data between windows ce pocket pc running sql ce and sql server 2005.

I had put up this question ealrier when ado.net sync was lauched, but I was told that it didn't support win ce devices at that point of time, So i wanted to know if the feature is included in the new builds.

Pls any help would be great.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 10:19 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 1:26 PM

Answers

•  

Thanks for choosing MS Sync Service.

Please stay tuned, we'll post the information once we got the date finalized.

thanks

Yunwen

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 5:28 PM

All replies

• Hello,

ADO .NET sync is not currently supported on devices. But, this is going to be made possible, in a future release of sync services.

Thanks

Udaya.

Thursday, July 19, 2007 5:31 PM
  • Hi Udhaya.

Thanks for the info, any idea how long would it take, cause, I have to perform a sync action between my windows pocket pc running win ce 5.0 or 6.0 and sql server 2005. I initially thought of making use of merge replication but i understand I need to do a lot of config and deployment settings for merge replication.

Then I happened to come across ado.net sync which is awsome, but would want to use that with win ce devices.

So if you can let me know a date by which I can make use of it, it would be great, also can I use a combination of ado.net sync and webservices, so that I perform all my sync actions in a webservice and the application in the device just calls the webservice for syncronizing the data.

pls do let me know

Monday, July 30, 2007 12:49 PM
  •  

Thanks for choosing MS Sync Service.

Please stay tuned, we'll post the information once we got the date finalized.

thanks

Yunwen

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 5:28 PM