none
Is there goverment assistance to get a certification? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a BS in CIS and I have 10 professional experience.  I was laid off in 2008 and have not been able to find gainful employment.  With the technical industry constantly changing, I am now behind on the new technology.  I would like take some courses and obtain a certification however, I will need assistance, as I cannot afford to pay for the classes or exams at this time.
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 5:39 PM

Answers

• It would be helpful if you stated which country you are in so that we can try to answer your question.
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:12 PM
  • It would also help to state if you are or planning to develop client apps, web apps, database apps, etc. That also will help determine what exams you should take.

If you are in the United States, it depends on your state. Your state and the federal government may help you with payment of classes and exam, but as trip_to_tokyo stated, we need to know what country you are in. Plus what you plan to develop. There are many different exams and no one can be great at all of them. You should ask yourself what do you plan to develop, see if you like it, practice and then take the exam or exams for your area of development.

Oscar
    Friday, September 30, 2011 2:25 AM

All replies

• It would be helpful if you stated which country you are in so that we can try to answer your question.
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:12 PM
  • It would also help to state if you are or planning to develop client apps, web apps, database apps, etc. That also will help determine what exams you should take.

If you are in the United States, it depends on your state. Your state and the federal government may help you with payment of classes and exam, but as trip_to_tokyo stated, we need to know what country you are in. Plus what you plan to develop. There are many different exams and no one can be great at all of them. You should ask yourself what do you plan to develop, see if you like it, practice and then take the exam or exams for your area of development.

Oscar
    Friday, September 30, 2011 2:25 AM