Can Not Connect To Windows Home Server Console RRS feed

• Question

• I have been searching numerous forums regarding this issue.  There seems to be a many different fixes but I have not had any work or maybe I just have not done them correct.  

The issue is I can no longer connect to my Home Server Console.  I also can not acess it through xxxxxxx.homeserver.com when I am away from my network.  When I am home, I can access the shared folders and the content with no problem.  My PS3 can find the server and streaming video from the server works fine.  It is just not letting me connect to the console via any of my PCs.  When I try to access it, a box comes up saying 'Computer cannot connect to home server.  Check network connection and make sure your home server is powered on.  If your home server has recently restarted, try a few minutes later.'  When I connect for my domain when away from my network i get the error 'server error /home application.'

I tried using OpenDNS that did not work, but then I read it wouldnt.  I am confident I have the correct ports forwadring on my router.  I have done a series of restatrs on PC, router, modem, and server.  I am running a Belkin N+ router.  I am jst confused how it stopped working because it was working fine for a long time.  

Any links or ideas would be helpful.  If more information is needed I can provide.  

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Sunday, February 13, 2011 3:23 AM

All replies

• I am having the same issue with my pc's on WHS 2011. Cannot remote or use console to connect. I have the same router..
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 12:48 AM