Network solutions on server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear sir, we have just completed installing server 2008 network and all is well. But it refuses expansion on the network by adding a switch or wireless router. The existing point is always disabled when a switch is connect for four people in the same office. How do we stop this or make that node we want expand on to accept that without the mentioned problem. we are losing some of ourpoints leaving those offices without network connection. thanks

Lang Dibba

Thursday, August 5, 2010 9:15 AM

All replies

• Have had similar experience

- Try change cablces, some cables are not working (for many strange reasons; quality ainly)

- Try also a good router

- Try having fixed IPs instead of DHCP

Hope any of this will help, the ones helped us was the cables problem.

We have also a nice solutoin by installation two network cards with 2 different fixed IPs, this allowed us to have to groups connected to the server but not to each others.

Hassan

Cairo, Egypt

Hassan210360
    Friday, August 13, 2010 1:23 PM
  • thnks Hassan and Ramadan Mubarak...Actually this problem got to do with how the network is setup. The Analyst say it is a security measure so that we cant add any network gagnet on the net but as the customer we dont want that and he is not cooperating may be his company wants to use that to gain service contract. He did come and enable that point or node so the the 4-port swicth is now working. How to disable or enable a node for the security is what i need a help on. could someone help me?

Friday, August 13, 2010 2:59 PM
  • Hi back,

Thanks for the greetings and Ramadan kareem.

I have some network experts in my office whom I will consult and get back to you.

Could you please let me know if you are using just a normal or managed switch.

Do you have ISA or other hardware / software for security issues.

Regards

Hassan

Hassan210360
    Friday, August 13, 2010 8:35 PM
  • Asalam alaikum...thanks for your concern...Actualy am not a network expert but am sure we are using managed swicthes. From what i saw the guy doing from the DOS prompt show case all the different switches there on the network and from that root he checks the status of the different nodes or network point and by  that enable the ability to add a normal 4-port swicth for expansion in a particular office on a particular switch. they are ofcourse CISCO standard switches.

thanks bro.. you are marvellous

I have a question if you dont mind about the sighting of the Lunar monbth of Ramadan ..Do your country always have to fast or pray Eids with MECCA on the same day .  Or yet still Do your country go by the sighting of the moon in Mecca or Medina and fast or pray Eids even if no one sight it in your country?

Thanks

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:26 AM
  • Hi

We do the sighting of the moon, this year we fast with KSA using same calendar

Where you from ?

Hassan

Hassan210360
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:37 AM
  • I am from The Gambia, West Africa. It happens we are having some conflict with some people who think we should always fast when Mecca Say they sight the moon or pray with them. This conflict is getting to a problem among people who studied in Saudi Arabia and Ahlal sunnah wal Jammah who insist the condition of fasting or prraying is base on the sight of your region and not only when Macca say they saw the moon.

Do You some times or always pray with Mecca because Mecca is fasting or praying is my question? Or is it base on your sighting the moon in Egypt Land of the Pharoahs?

thanks

Here is my email. ldibba@hotmail.com add me to MSN so we can chat. This site is not for this purpose
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:08 PM
  • Hi Again,

Egypt is a bit moderate when it comes to these issues (I guess), we are 80 millions so some might have different opinion.

I understand that this issue is causing some conflict although I see there should not be any and people should be able to fast starting the same day.

However, in Egypt and due to this moderation, we are trying to adapt together with the Arab and Moslem world, so far I guess the issue is still discussed every year.

Regards

Hassan210360
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:14 PM
  • But do you always start fasting with mecca?

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:17 PM
  • Yes we do!

Hassan210360
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:20 PM