VS 2017 15.9.4 /clr and boost 1.69 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we have  a  C++/Cli project which uses a native C++ project.

This native project uses boost, so by including the headers of this native project in the CLI project, boost headers are also included.

With boost 1.68 the compiling works successfully with some warnings about boost::iostreams for the native project.

But with boost 1.69 the compile of the C++/CLI project fails

Error	C2764	
    'C': template parameter not used or deducible in partial specialization 'boost::is_member_function_pointer<Ret(Args...)>'
    ...\include\boost\type_traits\detail\is_member_function_pointer_cxx_11.hpp	114	

Warning	C4561	
    '__fastcall' incompatible with the '/clr' option: converting to '__stdcall'
    ...\include\boost\type_traits\detail\is_member_function_pointer_cxx_11.hpp	120	

Error	C2953	
    'boost::is_member_function_pointer<Ret(__stdcall C::* )(Args...)>': class template has already been defined
    ...\include\boost\type_traits\detail\is_member_function_pointer_cxx_11.hpp	120	

Warning	C4575	
    '__vectorcall' incompatible with the '/clr' option: converting to '__stdcall'
    ...\include\boost\type_traits\detail\is_member_function_pointer_cxx_11.hpp	125	

and so on.

Are there any project settings changes I can do to get it compiled with boost 1.69 ?

tia

Hendrik Schmieder

• Moved by Jack Zhang - AAA Wednesday, December 19, 2018 3:02 AM third-party issue
    Friday, December 14, 2018 11:33 AM

Answers

• Just for reference.

Boost 1.71 fixes all /clr Problems which were introduced in boost Boost 1.69

• Marked as answer by h_schmieder Monday, September 9, 2019 12:35 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2019 12:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

I guess maybe you have made some mistakes on using the boost library, seems that the method in C++/CLI is different from native C++, I think you need to find the error code and modify it.

For your case seems more related to the Boost library, it's a third-party libraries, I will move it to the off-topic forum. Maybe you could post your issue on the Boost community

Best Wishes,

Jack

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 3:00 AM
  • Just for the record.

The C++/Cli project doesn't directly use boost, but it includes header files from a native C++ project

which uses Boost.

(was in holidays the last three weeks)

Monday, January 7, 2019 9:50 AM
  • Just for reference.

Boost 1.71 fixes all /clr Problems which were introduced in boost Boost 1.69

• Marked as answer by h_schmieder Monday, September 9, 2019 12:35 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2019 12:35 PM