Establish user with a different Location Profile RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I had created some different Location Profile, so the users can redirect their extension number to full phone numbers. Is it possible to make the users have diferent location profile or I only can use the default location profile? I would like to have different location profiles so for one user 4444 redirect to +33..... and for other users 4444 redirect to +34.... Perhaps I'm wrong about it.

Thanks and bests regards,

Cristóbal

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 4:13 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can do that. You use Active Directory Group Policy Objects (GPO) to set the location profile for the different users. See the OC 2007 Group Policy Settings document. The GPO results in a registry key being set on the PC with the location profile.

For Office Communicator 2007 Phone Edition the user can manually choose the location profile on the device.

best regards

Jens

Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:19 PM

All replies

• Yes, you can do that. You use Active Directory Group Policy Objects (GPO) to set the location profile for the different users. See the OC 2007 Group Policy Settings document. The GPO results in a registry key being set on the PC with the location profile.

For Office Communicator 2007 Phone Edition the user can manually choose the location profile on the device.

best regards

Jens

Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:19 PM
  • Thanks! I checked the policy in the server but I couldn't see it, but the document explain the locationprofile policy. I would prefer something to be able to change in the server for different users instead of having to change the registry, but it'll work.

Bests regards,

Cristóbal

Thursday, January 3, 2008 10:23 AM
  • Did you ever figure this out?  I don't see this option in Group Policy either yet in the documentation it says it's there.
    Sunday, December 14, 2008 3:56 PM