Windows Mobile 6.1 - Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• good day,

i have a question (or suggestion) if anyone that programs reads this.

i have an HTC Touch Diamond and get my emails into Outlook.  everything works fine but when the emails go into the inbox, they can only be sorted by sender, subject or date. 

has any programmer at MicroSoft (r) though about adding an option to sort emails that are unread?

or a patch to do this would also be nice.  i do not want to go through 100 emails that has been marked as unread, or go to my laptop and sort the favourites as unread.

jat

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 1:26 AM

Answers

•  HBholland wrote:
    If this is in fact Outlook,  then can someone tell me why you don't have the ability to select contact sub folders to sync and likewise with calendars?

Because it is a mobile version not the full Outlookk we have onn our PCs.  There are however some 3rd party solutions that will do what you want.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:45 PM
  • I should have added this when I posted above but you want to check out the programs here at Chapura.  They are very popular and will do what you want.

http://www.chapura.com/products.php

Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:48 PM

All replies

• This is a great suggestion. This is why I moved it to the Suggestion area instead.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 4:32 AM
  • Great suggestion!

Thursday, October 2, 2008 3:15 AM
  • Can I ask if you have outlook on your mobile? I also have an HTC Diamond Touch and am trying to get it and cannot find it anywhere. I was under the impression that it was included in the new mobile office suite, but it does not seem to be so. I don't know where to get it...

HBHolland

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:51 PM
  •  HBholland wrote:

Can I ask if you have outlook on your mobile? I also have an HTC Diamond Touch and am trying to get it and cannot find it anywhere. I was under the impression that it was included in the new mobile office suite, but it does not seem to be so. I don't know where to get it...

HBHolland

HBholland,

If you have Office Mobile suite installed in your Windows Mobile device (wm6 or wm6.1), then you would have Outlook Mobile already installed. However, do not look for a separate Outlook Mobile icon as Outlook Mobile actually comprises of Outlook E-mail, Contacts and Calendar applications.

More detailed explanations and screen shots at Microsoft's site,
    (    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/office-outlook-mobile.mspx   )

Regards...
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 11:05 AM
  • oh.... Okay. When I looked at the screen captures the first couple of times, I assumed it was a different interface. If this is in fact Outlook,  then can someone tell me why you don't have the ability to select contact sub folders to sync and likewise with calendars? With the mobile device centre's limited capability I've had to copy all of my contacts into the main contact folder in order to get them onto the device... And I am trying to import a calendar from an older .pst file, but because it isn't the main calendar file the items won't sync... This is very lame I'm thinking.

HBholland

Thursday, October 16, 2008 1:42 PM
  •  HBholland wrote:
    If this is in fact Outlook,  then can someone tell me why you don't have the ability to select contact sub folders to sync and likewise with calendars?

Because it is a mobile version not the full Outlookk we have onn our PCs.  There are however some 3rd party solutions that will do what you want.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:45 PM
  • I should have added this when I posted above but you want to check out the programs here at Chapura.  They are very popular and will do what you want.

http://www.chapura.com/products.php

Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:48 PM
  • Thanks for the link and the prompt reply. I appreciate it. I had seen PocketMirror on Handango, but it doesn't support Windows mobile 6.1 yet.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:34 PM
  • It might.....

In fact, I would be surprised if it did not. 

Friday, October 17, 2008 12:56 PM