need to verify my ebay purchase of Windows 7 Ultimate and Office 2010 Professiona and XP SP2 OEM RRS feed

• Question

• can i post the CD keys here and get it checked? i need to verify the keys so that i know it is genunie keys.

- YES I have them on hand now and they look sealed and authentic on the outside
    - YES i have visited howtotell site and it looks all good but I still want to verify before the paypal claim period expires

Can I open the sealed boxes and paste the product Keys here? The seller claims they are not used, and I need to verify if the keys are permanent and transferable (except for the xp SP2 OEM)

thanks

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 10:01 AM

Answers

• thanks all for your replies.

OK, I don't have a test PC to use, so i will have to use a VM

so I will break open the Windows 7 Ultimate box and install into a virtual machine and then NOT activating it. I will also break open the offfice 2010 professional and intall it into the same virtual machine ontop of Windows Ultiamte 7 and not activate it.

and then i setup another VM to install the OEM XP SP2 and not activate it.

And then, what do I do? Run this http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 in both VMs and paste the report? Does that include office 200 pro as well? should i activate office 2000 pro on the ultimate VM?

I need the keys to be working permantently, as i am worried that i have got a key that works only 1 month or 3 months, i read that this kind of keys also exist hence i want to paste a key here if possible so that you guys can check for me if it is authentic rather than i go thru the whole trouble of installing it

Unfortunately Office 2010 isn't recognised by the Validation system, or by MGADiag, and the only test for it is to activate it. Since this is a Retail copy and not an upgrade, there should be no problem about re-activating it in a live machine afterwards, although you may have to use telephone activation for that install.

As I understand the situation with Office products now, if the installation activates, then there are no further tests of its authenticity thereafter.

As far as Windows is concerned, so long as you don't activate, then the OEM product will not become Locked to the motherboard - if you do allow it to activate, then you will have some fast talking to do to an activation rep when you come to a permanent install! It's best to disconnect the machine from the internet completely while doing the install and test, just in case (and I mean physically - accidents can happen with the VM networking!)

The Retail key shouldn't have a problem activating a second time - but phone activation would most likely be required, but why bother? just ensure you don't activate!

If you publish your key anywhere on the internet, it will be stolen in seconds/minutes, and blocked eventually - so DO NOT POST YOUR KEYS.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:34 PM
  • It's OK - as I said, you should be able to re-activate the Retail one on your permanent install......

Except for the fact that the Win 7 Key is an MSDN one - please read the Blocked Keys sticky at the head of the forum Index page for details

Sooner or later it WILL be blocked! (Darin? - can you force the issue?)

• Marked as answer by Zukah Friday, January 7, 2011 11:31 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 7:51 AM
  •  Hello Zukah,

Here is a snippet of your mgadiag report for your XP installation
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid Product Key
    Validation Code: 8
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: XXX
    Windows Product Key Hash: CC9wTwUYWbt/Iqh2212xGU7PjZY=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-640-2152675-23829
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {BCA295A0-BCDA-4042-A0B3-97E1303E5687}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: Registered, 1.9.9.1
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80004005
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1_E2AD56EA-765-d003_E2AD56EA-766-0_E2AD56EA-134-80004005
    Resolution Status: N/A
    This is a disc that is trying to look like a systembuilder/OEM disc, but in reality it is a counterfeit, and under the hood it has the bits for a volume licensing installation of XP Pro. The product key is an invalid product key, meaning it was made with a pirating program called a key generator and was never an official Microsoft-issued product key.

Typically these discs have a hologram label affixed to the top surface of the disc, while the genuine disc has the hologram embedded within the disc. This is one of the main points covered at howtotell.com---recheck your disc.

The next step would be to check your Office, but the mgadiag utility is not programmed to check Office 2010 installations. To evaluate your Office, go to http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/category.aspx?displaylang=en&cID=fab9617a-57ff-4789-9397-6dac071b19b0  scroll down to the bottom and select Office Home and Business 2010 (for some reason there is no choice for Office Professional 2010), then carefully look at the pictures and read the info presented.  Then get a magnifying glass and closely examine the materials you bought.
    • Edited by Dan at IT Associates Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:59 PM deleted html gone wild
    • Marked as answer by Zukah Friday, January 7, 2011 11:30 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 3:21 PM
  •  I confirm that the product key used in the Windows 7 software (represented in the Diagnostic Report in post #12 of this thread) originated from a Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) subscription.

Keys that originate from an MSDN Subscription are licensed to Only be valid for use by the owner of the specific MSDN Subscription that the key Originated from. MSDN Keys are licensed only for use in non-production environments (meaning the keys can only be used for testing and development, not for day to day use) Lastly, an MSDN key can not be sold individually.  The only way to sell an MSDN key is to sell the MSDN Subscription (including all of it's keys) as a whole.

Thank you,

Darin C. Smith

PC Health Community Moderator
      & Windows Genuine Advantage Forum Support

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:15 PM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:15 PM

All replies

• can i post the CD keys here and get it checked? i need to verify the keys so that i know it is genunie keys.

- YES i have visited howtotell site and it looks all good but I still want to verify before the paypal claim period expires

Can I open the sealed boxes and paste the product Keys here? The seller claims they are not used, and I need to verify if the keys are permanent and transferable (except for the xp SP2 OEM)

thanks

DO NOT post any keys at any time on the internet.  Even if they were valid they would not be as they would be stolen and used.

If all the information on how to tell checks out, the seller appears legitimate and the prices are not extremely cheap, the only way to know if they are real is to install and attempt to activate the product.  Once installed the windows operating systems can be verified using the MGA Diagnostic program from:  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 but as Office 2010 is not included in that program to check it's validity you only have the original activation to go on for Office.
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 10:36 AM

thanks

No - NEVER post your key in public!
    You could try ringing an Activation Center, and asking them to check the Key - but they may only be able to say that it is 'currently activatable', rather than that it is a proper and valid key.
    The only real way to tell is to install the OS, then post the MGADiag report here DO NOT activate it (especially the OEM one!!). - it will then still be 'unused' in MS's eyes, if it is valid.
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 10:49 AM
  • "LVTravel" wrote in message news:090fb48e-668d-4722-88c8-18bd3b4f3828...

can i post the CD keys here and get it checked? i need to verify the keys so that i know it is genunie keys.

thanks

DO NOT post any keys at any time on the internet.  Even if they were valid they would not be as they would be stolen and used.

If all the information on how to tell checks out, the seller appears legitimate and the prices are not extremely cheap, the only way to know if they are real is to install and attempt to activate the product.  Once installed the windows operating systems can be verified using the MGA Diagnostic program from:  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 but as Office 2010 is not included in that program to check it's validity you only have the original activation to go on for Office.

Activation is NOT required for an MGADiag report to be useful - DO NOT allow the OEM install to activate, unless you intend to keep that installation permanently.

--

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 10:50 AM

so I will break open the Windows 7 Ultimate box and install into a virtual machine and then NOT activating it. I will also break open the offfice 2010 professional and intall it into the same virtual machine ontop of Windows Ultiamte 7 and not activate it.

And then, what do I do? Run this http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 in both VMs and paste the report? Does that include office 200 pro as well? should i activate office 2000 pro on the ultimate VM?

I need the keys to be working permantently, as i am worried that i have got a key that works only 1 month or 3 months, i read that this kind of keys also exist hence i want to paste a key here if possible so that you guys can check for me if it is authentic rather than i go thru the whole trouble of installing it

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 11:12 AM

Unfortunately Office 2010 isn't recognised by the Validation system, or by MGADiag, and the only test for it is to activate it. Since this is a Retail copy and not an upgrade, there should be no problem about re-activating it in a live machine afterwards, although you may have to use telephone activation for that install.

As I understand the situation with Office products now, if the installation activates, then there are no further tests of its authenticity thereafter.

As far as Windows is concerned, so long as you don't activate, then the OEM product will not become Locked to the motherboard - if you do allow it to activate, then you will have some fast talking to do to an activation rep when you come to a permanent install! It's best to disconnect the machine from the internet completely while doing the install and test, just in case (and I mean physically - accidents can happen with the VM networking!)

The Retail key shouldn't have a problem activating a second time - but phone activation would most likely be required, but why bother? just ensure you don't activate!

If you publish your key anywhere on the internet, it will be stolen in seconds/minutes, and blocked eventually - so DO NOT POST YOUR KEYS.

--

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:34 PM
  • Hello Zukah,

You wrote, "...as i am worried that i have got a key that works only 1 month or 3 months,..."

The only reason why you are in this predicament is because you chose to IGNORE all of the advice given on this forum over the last 4-5 years and decided to purchase from the WORST place from which to purchase software.

You would NOT be losing sleep over this if you purchased from a legitimate retailer.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 1:00 PM
  • i don't mind the trouble to save the $$$. besides, paypal offers protection if the software is not as described.
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 2:48 PM
  • thank you for your help. I will activate the OFfice 2010 over the VM, and will not activate the OEM XP or Ultimate 7, those 2 will not have any networks

then i will run and get the genunie reports from the Ultimate installation and XP installation.

i was not aware this was a public forum hence i will not post the keys as i tot all of you were mcirosoft staff. did not know this till i saw the reply from the it associates guy

will producing the reports able to detect whether the keys are permanent or temporary? the seller claims it is a 'Retail' but I want to be careful. thanks again and i will do this as soon as i have got the time, by 2 days .

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 2:53 PM
  • thank you for your help. I will activate the OFfice 2010 over the VM, and will not activate the OEM XP or Ultimate 7, those 2 will not have any networks

then i will run and get the genunie reports from the Ultimate installation and XP installation.

i was not aware this was a public forum hence i will not post the keys as i tot all of you were mcirosoft staff. did not know this till i saw the reply from the it associates guy

will producing the reports able to detect whether the keys are permanent or temporary? the seller claims it is a 'Retail' but I want to be careful. thanks again and i will do this as soon as i have got the time, by 2 days ..

I have no idea where you got the idea this was not a public forum - did you not read the joining instructions?
    No-one in these forums (with one or two exceptions) is a Microsoft staffer (look for the 'Microsoft' tag in their headers. Mine says 'Microsoft Partner', that does NOT mean I am a Microsoft staffer - merely that I am I member of the Partnership scheme.)
    Surely the number of other posters here gave you some clue - as well as the posting instructions that came up when you first asked your question??

--

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 9:20 PM
  • i don't mind the trouble to save the $$$. besides, paypal offers protection if the software is not as described.

When you install the Office Professional look at the screen when it tells you what suite it is about to install.  If it says Office Professional Plus instead of Office Professional you have a pirated piece of software.  That is a sure giveaway as the Pro Plus, a volume licensed product, is only sold to businesses and is never supposed to be sold to private individuals as a retail product.  It is also one of the most pirated pieces of software currently. The software packaging can often be quite good and will say Professional not Professional Plus but the installation wording is the key. 
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 4:20 AM
  • here is the validation report for win 7 ultimate, which i activated and ran teh reprort. so is this validated and valid permantently? and it's transferable right?

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------

Validation Code: 0
    Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012
    Windows Product Key: (i cannot paste this in a public forum)
    Windows Product Key Hash: 0EWcRIzCN4yWod7n9IuTpbSIRaw=
    Windows Product ID: 00426-068-3041904-86047
    Windows Product ID Type: 5
    Windows License Type: Retail
    Windows OS version: 6.1.7600.2.00010100.0.0.001
    ID: {D06D2341-1C5A-4AD6-92E2-D9609019DDDC}(3)
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows 7 Ultimate
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->
    File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watadminsvc.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
    File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\npwatweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]
    File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watux.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
    File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]

Other data-->
    (private)

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
    Software licensing service version: 6.1.7600.16385

Name: Windows(R) 7, Ultimate edition
    Description: Windows Operating System - Windows(R) 7, RETAIL channel
    Activation ID: a0cde89c-3304-4157-b61c-c8ad785d1fad
    Application ID: 55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f
    Extended PID: 00426-00172-068-304190-00-1033-7600.0000-0062011
    Installation ID: 005571610803410112284552943251905952972592137365075855
    Processor Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88338
    Machine Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88339
    Use License URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88341
    Product Key Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88340
    Partial Product Key: QK93J
    License Status: Licensed
    Remaining Windows rearm count: 3
    Trusted time: 1/7/2011 6:22:26 AM

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    HrOffline: 0x00000000
    HrOnline: N/A
    HealthStatus: 0x0000000000000000
    Event Time Stamp: N/A
    ActiveX: Not Registered - 0x80040154
    Admin Service: Not Registered - 0x80040154
    HealthStatus Bitmask Output:

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: LgAAAAEAAgABAAEAAQABAAAAAQABAAEAnJ90wUIoDFzmt2IF/BTnIfGeB4DiEA==

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A

Thursday, January 6, 2011 6:41 AM
  •  the Microsoft branding on the top left was signaling me that this is a trusted place hence i did not read thru everything (much like anyone reads the licence terms when installing their software), but yr right, i should have probed further before posting, i was not aware this was a public forum and i tot you guys were ms staff. thanks for yr help again.
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 6:45 AM
  • oh god, just read noel's reply and looks like i shouldnt have activated the vista ultimate... i'm sorry i misread and thought that i should not activate only the OEM XP one... i hope no major damage has been done since it is retail and transferable.. as least thats what the seller told me

and i dont know why i keep getting a blank message box when i try to post a message here

Thursday, January 6, 2011 6:55 AM
  • It's OK - as I said, you should be able to re-activate the Retail one on your permanent install......

Except for the fact that the Win 7 Key is an MSDN one - please read the Blocked Keys sticky at the head of the forum Index page for details

Sooner or later it WILL be blocked! (Darin? - can you force the issue?)

• Marked as answer by Zukah Friday, January 7, 2011 11:31 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 7:51 AM
  • can you tell me the link to the sticky as i can't find it. i only see a link to moderators and answerers about a different validation response code

i'll immediately file a paypal claim then - how do I tel them that this is a invalid key? 

will do the XP SP2 oem soon.

thanks for your help

Thursday, January 6, 2011 8:04 AM
  • can you tell me the link to the sticky as i can't find it. i only see a link to moderators and answerers about a different validation response code

i'll immediately file a paypal claim then - how do I tel them that this is a invalid key? 

will do the XP SP2 oem soon.

thanks for your help

specifically

and
    are relevant

If either PayPal, eBay or your vendor cut up rough, point them at this thread - they should get the hint :)

--

Thursday, January 6, 2011 8:36 AM
  • here is the report for xp sp2 oem. i guess that's non genunie as well?

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1_E2AD56EA-765-d003_E2AD56EA-766-0_E2AD56EA-134-80004005

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.9.9.1
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80004005
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OGA Notifications Data-->
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-543-80070002_025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

Thursday, January 6, 2011 11:53 AM
  •  Hello Zukah,

Here is a snippet of your mgadiag report for your XP installation
    This is a disc that is trying to look like a systembuilder/OEM disc, but in reality it is a counterfeit, and under the hood it has the bits for a volume licensing installation of XP Pro. The product key is an invalid product key, meaning it was made with a pirating program called a key generator and was never an official Microsoft-issued product key.

Typically these discs have a hologram label affixed to the top surface of the disc, while the genuine disc has the hologram embedded within the disc. This is one of the main points covered at howtotell.com---recheck your disc.

The next step would be to check your Office, but the mgadiag utility is not programmed to check Office 2010 installations. To evaluate your Office, go to http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/category.aspx?displaylang=en&cID=fab9617a-57ff-4789-9397-6dac071b19b0  scroll down to the bottom and select Office Home and Business 2010 (for some reason there is no choice for Office Professional 2010), then carefully look at the pictures and read the info presented.  Then get a magnifying glass and closely examine the materials you bought.
    • Edited by Dan at IT Associates Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:59 PM deleted html gone wild
    • Marked as answer by Zukah Friday, January 7, 2011 11:30 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 3:21 PM
  • got it, thanks. Now there are some issues with the claim

I'm delaying the Office 2010 Pro as the seller shipped me a home version which is licensed for 3 computers when i specifically requested for the commercial version. I've yet to open the physical case, it's still sealed as I am waiting for seller's response but based on the other 2 he sold me, i don't think he's going to respond.

So i'm thinking of breaking opening the box and installing it into the VM. Two questions:

1) The Office 2010 case I have, the COA on the outside does not have the circled background as in the image here http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/static/images/features/coa_retail_12_lg.gif. So it is really fake? The Windows 7 Ultimate I have seems to have the same issue but the key appears to be working (temporarily, i know). are MSDN licenced windows ultimate 7 sent in such cases that look like the retail version? if so, does that mean the office 2010 pro i have is not fake, but could be MSDN or volume licenced? 

And does successfully activating the office 2010 after installation guarantees it's a permantent licence? is there no MSDN version of it that could be a temporary key?

2) Paypal is requesting a certification authority. - "we must request
    documentation to support your claim that the item is not authentic. Please
    obtain a document from an unbiased, third-party, such as a dealer,
    appraiser, or organization that is qualified in the area of the item in
    question (other than yourself), which clearly identifies the item as not
    authentic. The document must specifically state how the item received
    differs from an authentic item and must include a detailed explanation of
    how the person evaluating the item determined that it is not authentic. The
    document should include a serial number, and must be on letterhead that
    includes the name, signature, address, and phone number of the business or
    organization so that PayPal may contact them if necessary. "
    - so how do I go about getting this document from Microsoft?

thanks all for your help. it's amazing how authentic these counterfeits look. and i'm learning a lot, at a cost

Friday, January 7, 2011 7:29 AM
  • got it, thanks. Now there are some issues with the claim

I'm delaying the Office 2010 Pro as the seller shipped me a home version which is licensed for 3 computers when i specifically requested for the commercial version. I've yet to open the physical case, it's still sealed as I am waiting for seller's response but based on the other 2 he sold me, i don't think he's going to respond.

So i'm thinking of breaking opening the box and installing it into the VM. Two questions:

1) The Office 2010 case I have, the COA on the outside does not have the circled background as in the image here http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/static/images/features/coa_retail_12_lg.gif. So it is really fake? The Windows 7 Ultimate I have seems to have the same issue but the key appears to be working (temporarily, i know). are MSDN licenced windows ultimate 7 sent in such cases that look like the retail version? if so, does that mean the office 2010 pro i have is not fake, but could be MSDN or volume licenced? 

And does successfully activating the office 2010 after installation guarantees it's a permantent licence? is there no MSDN version of it that could be a temporary key?

2) Paypal is requesting a certification authority. - "we must request
    documentation to support your claim that the item is not authentic. Please
    obtain a document from an unbiased, third-party, such as a dealer,
    appraiser, or organization that is qualified in the area of the item in
    question (other than yourself), which clearly identifies the item as not
    authentic. The document must specifically state how the item received
    differs from an authentic item and must include a detailed explanation of
    how the person evaluating the item determined that it is not authentic. The
    document should include a serial number, and must be on letterhead that
    includes the name, signature, address, and phone number of the business or
    organization so that PayPal may contact them if necessary. "
    - so how do I go about getting this document from Microsoft?

thanks all for your help. it's amazing how authentic these counterfeits look. and i'm learning a lot, at a cost

Darin should be looking at this thread and will be able to confirm that it's an MSDN Key - then all you need to do is give them the link to this thread.
    They should be well aware of the MSDN problem - it's not as if they haven't dealt with hundreds of them before!

--

Friday, January 7, 2011 10:22 AM
  • thanks.. waiting for Darin's affirmation..
    Saturday, January 8, 2011 10:31 AM
  • thanks.. waiting for Darin's affirmation..

Darin works normal hours, unlike us volunteers <g> - so he's around only during working hours at Redmond.
    If he hasn't responded by Monday evening, I'll ping him.

--

Saturday, January 8, 2011 10:40 PM
  • ok, i'm waiting, thanks again for the help

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:36 AM
  •  I confirm that the product key used in the Windows 7 software (represented in the Diagnostic Report in post #12 of this thread) originated from a Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) subscription.

Keys that originate from an MSDN Subscription are licensed to Only be valid for use by the owner of the specific MSDN Subscription that the key Originated from. MSDN Keys are licensed only for use in non-production environments (meaning the keys can only be used for testing and development, not for day to day use) Lastly, an MSDN key can not be sold individually.  The only way to sell an MSDN key is to sell the MSDN Subscription (including all of it's keys) as a whole.

Thank you,

Darin C. Smith

PC Health Community Moderator
      & Windows Genuine Advantage Forum Support

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:15 PM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:15 PM
  • thanks, what about the Windows XP OEM?

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 7:05 AM