Transition of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online org to new admin portal and billing platform RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have IUR for Dynamics CRM Online. We have Office 365. We have a third cancellation of the transition.

For a software company all communications about the transition are from unmonitored email accounts and force us to phone into a support center to raise a ticket for assistance, which we have. After many weeks, no feedback, no confirmation, nobody contacts us back. Just more automated emails, round and round we go.

The FAQ's do not cover our questions and the instructions are poor. the experience is poor.

#1 We do not want new usernames/accounts forced upon our users, this is not feasible. We actually use our accounts to access other services than Dyanamics CRM strangely enough. We are already sick and tired of the tedious Microsoft Federated security, Microsoft accounts vs Organisation accounts (O365) and the total crass "run an inprivate browser session". We have endured this awful scenario for far too long.

#2 Finding the "Run transition wizard", there are no link or instructions were to find this in the transition documentation. When we find it and run it, the wizard crashes like below.

#3  We want to transition and we want to use our O365 accounts. Is that too much to ask? Help!

Server Error in '/G' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.            

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".
    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="Off"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:41 AM

All replies

• MPN IUR email:

Please note that there is a February 28, 2014 deadline to complete the Transition Wizard (accessible via your Dynamics CRM Online instance) in order to take advantage of the automated transition process.

Automated crmonline email:

..The transition of your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online organization to a new administrative portal and billing platform - the Microsoft online services environment - has been re-scheduled.
    When will this happen?
    Your organization's transition has been re-scheduled for: Mar 20, 2014

So which is it? We don't know. But could someone from Microsoft do something before Feb 28, in case that is the date!

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Friday, February 21, 2014 4:11 PM
  • Just for good measure, I tried again, usual #fail

Friday, February 21, 2014 4:22 PM
  • And another 5 days go by...

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:02 AM
  • Ok, this morning I received 2 x "FINAL NOTICE pending termination of Dynamics CRM Online IUR subscription" for Feb-28. I again phoned local support (on the rip-off 0800) number.

Apparently, all these emails (10+ in last month) have been sent "in error". Due to how busy the team is they expect to get around to our transition sometime in April 2014! So, ignore any more emails and just ignore the transition wizard crashes (as we don't need to run it).

The whole experience speaks for itself. My, oh my.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 1:53 PM