Same timezone, same time, but one hour difference RRS feed

• Question

• I synchronize with SyncToyfiles between the SD card of my Blackberry Curve 8520 and my Vista Laptop. That works great, except in one situation. When I change a file within the hour on both sides, Synctoy always defines the file on Vista as the last changed file. Even so when the file was changed last on the Blackberry. I assume that has to do with Synctoy defining the time Blackberry files are changed as one hour too early. So if I have changed a file on the Blackberry at eight a clock, Synctoy defines it as changed at seven o’clock. In the properties of the fie the right time is displayed.

I can not find why SyncToy defines the changing-time of the files on the Blackberry SD-card one hour too early. Timezone at both is the same: GMT+1 and automatic synchronisation of time and adjusting DST are off.  I change the time manually when necessary (DST). So I have added one hour manually in March because of DST . I do not have BIS/BES and only use the internet with the BB through wifi. I use SyncToy 2.1

I tried following:
    -     Changing timezones
    -     Automatic synchronisation of time on
    -     Automatic adjust to DST on
    -     Changing time and zone settings to wintertime
    -     Deleted the synchronisation task and made a new one
    -     Deleted the files from the blackberry and made a new synchronisation task
    -     Setting Sync Toy to "check file contents"
    Non of this did solve the problem (and also did not change the problem).
    The only thing what solves the problem is setting the time of the BB one hour ahead, but that’s not a good solution.

I searched this forum, but did not found a solution, except using SyncToy 2.1, but that did  not solve this.

I hope somebody can explain to me what I am doing wrong.Thank you,

Angela

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:31 AM

All replies

• Hello All.

I have iPod with a similar time problem.

When I set an appointment in the iPod at 10:00 A.M for example and sync it to Outlook 2007, the appointment in Outlook appears at 11:00.
    When I set an appointment in Outlook at 10:00 A.M for example and sync it to iPod, the appointment in iPod appers at 9:00 A.M.

Can anyone help with any idea?

Thanks in advance

Monday, December 20, 2010 8:33 PM