Is there a way to Remotely Logoff a system and Log back On as a specified user? [Using Command prompt] RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there a way for me as a network administrator to Log-Off a current user in our network, and them Log-On as a specified user (probally Administrator) automaticallly throught command line? 

I know the process to be able to restart the computer our shut it down using   <shutdown -r> through command prompt, but I want to be able to log out and Log back on as an administrator for all of our comptuers in the network using a .bat batch file.  (So I don't have to Log out and Log In manually to all the computers.)
    Friday, January 22, 2010 9:37 PM

Answers

• Hi None122007,

You could probably automate this in some fashion using e.g. Sysinternals' Autologon.  There are a few hiccups (can't auto-dismiss success dialog after invoking program, for example), but there are ways to work around them to accomplish what it seems you are describing.  Run it once to set the autologon creds, kill the autologon process (stuck displaying success message), restart the system, it will auto-logon with the credentials specified.  Then do whatever processing you wish to do, and run autologon.exe to remove the autologon creds.  Log off and the user should be able to use the system...
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 8:48 PM

All replies

• Hi None122007,

You could probably automate this in some fashion using e.g. Sysinternals' Autologon.  There are a few hiccups (can't auto-dismiss success dialog after invoking program, for example), but there are ways to work around them to accomplish what it seems you are describing.  Run it once to set the autologon creds, kill the autologon process (stuck displaying success message), restart the system, it will auto-logon with the credentials specified.  Then do whatever processing you wish to do, and run autologon.exe to remove the autologon creds.  Log off and the user should be able to use the system...
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 8:48 PM
  • Thanks No.Compromise, I really appreciate the help.  Great advice. Thank you/
    Monday, January 25, 2010 6:52 PM
  •  

Hi,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft forum. This forum focuses on Perfmon and diagnostic tools. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks.

Bruce Adamczak

Monday, January 25, 2010 9:08 PM