none
Windows Mail

Question

• Sorry if this is the wrong thread but couldn't find a way of putting it anywhere else. 

A friend of mine had a old computer still running vista on it. they have had windows vista backing up all there files and emails and wanted to upgrade to Windows 10.

As well as the backup, i manually exported the emails to a external hard drive and also copied the entire email folder over as well so i was hopefully covered. 

i couldn't do a direct upgrade from directly in windows so had to boot from a USB stick. As part of the upgrade it put my friends data and old windows install in a folder called windows.old

no errors showed up before this, but after installing Windows 10 and installing Windows Live Mail and trying to Import the email my friend is now saying some of his folders and emails are missing. But i have had a look through over 3 months worth of backups and run some recovery software through this and unable to find out the missing emails. 

Do you think the WLM database was corrupted some how and there for didn't back up the email is missing. I'm guessing restoring back to Vista won't do anything. 

The emails cannot be anywhere else as some of his most recent ones are still in the same folder as the others that are showing up. 

Any ideas as to if they are there how i may get them back if possible. 

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 8:19 AM

All replies

• Hello

I have been using Ms outlook for my personal website's email account configured with it but suddenly i started getting rejection from ms outlook and not my account is locked ..is there any way i can get the emails back? Can i get my account access back

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 10:41 AM