OCS R2 - Display name of 'phone number only' contacts changes when you exit RRS feed

• Question

•  
    Hi,

My non-OCS users in Active Directory have telephone information populated and the normalisation rules working correctly - you can search for them in the OC client and then drag them down & add them to your contacts.  The displayed name of the contact is the person's name & all the correct desk & cell numbers & e-mail details are in place.

If I close & reopen OC - the display name changes to the normalised desk number - and the additional cell & e-mail information is lost.

If you type the first letter of person's name in the search pane - the contact's display name changes instantly from the desk number back to the person's name & all the other details come back.  I make an assumption this is because the OC client does a lookup against Active Directory & uses that info to refresh the contact details.

Is there any way to make the contact details stay?  Or force the OC client do do some sort of 'refresh' for contacts when it starts?

Regards

Paul
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:46 PM

Answers

• If it helps - I 'fixed' the issue.  I added a primary sip address all my AD users & contacts using thier e-mail address.

They then can be added to user's contact list with the resource kit or manually  - and they display the name correctly & work fine.

Not the best solution - but makes life easy for my test OCS users as they can now call anyone in the company with one click & can transfer calls to people with one click.

regards

Paul Adams
    • Marked as answer by Paul Adams Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:39 PM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:39 PM