none
Contacts.SearchAsync is broken since Creators Update RRS feed

• Question

• Function Contacts.SearchAsync in namespace Microsoft.Phone.UserData does not work on Windows 10 Mobile versions 1703 (Creators Update) and 1709 (Fall Creators Update). It returns only names of contacts. All other contact properties are null. Many apps from the Store are now useless. I have tested Contact Exporter, PhoneCopy, Contacts +, Contacts Backup -- Excel & Email Support. All these apps show only first name and last name, but users want to export their phone numbers.
    Friday, January 5, 2018 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hi lastp,

I highly recommend you follow two paths for this issue:

1. Windows Insiders supports all Windows 10 based images so you should consider joining if you are not already a member

2. The Windows 10 Feedback App is the best route to create an issue against a Windows 10 build.  This creates a traceable issue that allows Microsoft to contact you directly for more details if needed and you can see if there are other reports with the same characteristics as yours.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Please note that you posted in the "SmartDevices" forums which are devices based on Windows CE and not Windows 10 so I have moved your post so that you can find more relevant assistance.

Friday, January 5, 2018 11:51 PM
  • You can also ask for help over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, January 6, 2018 12:16 AM

All replies

• Hi lastp,

I highly recommend you follow two paths for this issue:

1. Windows Insiders supports all Windows 10 based images so you should consider joining if you are not already a member

2. The Windows 10 Feedback App is the best route to create an issue against a Windows 10 build.  This creates a traceable issue that allows Microsoft to contact you directly for more details if needed and you can see if there are other reports with the same characteristics as yours.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Please note that you posted in the "SmartDevices" forums which are devices based on Windows CE and not Windows 10 so I have moved your post so that you can find more relevant assistance.

Friday, January 5, 2018 11:51 PM
  • You can also ask for help over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, January 6, 2018 12:16 AM