Fully Licensed and Activated Office XP fails OGA Test RRS feed

• Question

• I am running XP Pro with SP3 (fully licensed and activated... working a long time).  I run office XP Pro with FrontPage with SP3 (fully licensed and activated... working a long time).  I also have MS Outlook 2003 and MS Visio 2003 both fully licensed and activated and working a long time.  Now all the sudden, the OGA test runs when I open a spreadsheet and tells me it's not activated.  In help I click activate and it correctly tells me it is activated.  I don't work for Microsoft and don't see any reason to spend my time to troubleshoot microsoft bugs.  Microsoft needs to cut this bull ____.
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 3:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Thursday, January 21, 2010 4:24 AM
  • That worked.  

I don't see why I should have to do anything to justify to Microsoft that a product I bought, paid for, and installed years ago is still genuine.  It is nothing short of theft of services for MS to require me to do such things as OGA without contract or payment.  MS is a bully and I will never willingly buy another MS product as long as they continue such heavy handed tactics.  And to call the Vista fix Windows 7 and charge people for it?  
    Friday, January 22, 2010 5:21 PM
  • I totally agree with Frank.  I had to uninstall/reinstall Office 2003 on the same computer and it is telling me it isn't a genuine copy.  I have spend hours trying to research what to do because it will not accept my serial numer/install key or whatever one wants to call it.  If it wasn't genuine how did it get accepted in the first place?  And yes it did go through the test originally.  MS is just so frustrating.  I intend to uninstall all MS office programs on all my computers, tell my clients I don't have any use for MS Office so please pdf any forms they send to me.  I'm done with it.  I am a die hard WP fan because editing documents is so much more user friendly.
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 2:11 AM
  • Hello Frank Fitzpatrick,

You mentioned that your computer has an installation of Microsoft Office XP with Front Page.  That edition of Office was issued only under Volume Licensing.

Do you have a current, valid Volume License Agreement with Microsoft for the use of that product?  If not, then your use of the product, regardless of whether you bought it, paid for it, or installed it, is nongenuine.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:50 AM
  • Hello anuenue,

For assistance, please start your own thread rather than piggybacking on someone else's thread.

When you do, in order to recieve the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click the "Continue" button, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into your post.

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:51 AM
  • >> You mentioned that your computer has an installation of Microsoft Office XP with Front Page.  That edition of Office was issued only under Volume Licensing.

You are wrong.  There was no such stipulation in the developer package that I bousght and paid for from Microsoft.  None the less MS seems to agree with you.  They are wrong too.  again.
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 2:08 AM