Complex User names and passwords RRS feed

• Question

•  

I can use/setup complex/long emails and passwords via the live.com management area, but Windows OneCare will not accept these.

When is Windows OneCare going to confirm the email and password requirements of live.com?

It seems as though passwords deemed "strong" by live.com do not get accepted by Windows OneCare during the sign up process. 

When I call OneCare Support about this, they of course don't have a clue what I am talking about.

Sunday, April 6, 2008 6:01 PM

Answers

• Passwords exceeding 8 characters are currently a problem for OneCare, but work fine for other LiveID services.

-steve

Monday, April 7, 2008 3:13 PM

All replies

• Passwords exceeding 8 characters are currently a problem for OneCare, but work fine for other LiveID services.

-steve

Monday, April 7, 2008 3:13 PM
  • Thanks, Steve...  I posted the 2.5 bug in Microsoft Connect.  Microsoft wanted a screen shot but they haven't completely blown off the bug yet.  Hopefullly, they will recognize the problem and fix it in the latest version, if not the older versions.

Peter

Friday, May 2, 2008 12:16 PM
  • Thanks, Peter. The longer than 8 character password problem is known by the OneCare team. I don't know what the status is. Thanks for pushing it in through bugging it.

-steve

Friday, May 2, 2008 12:56 PM