locked
Report Builder and Report Model Data Source RRS feed

  • Question

  • After some fighting we have managed to enable the Report Server integration in one of our PWA sites. Still looking into what the issue can be for our other sites.

    In the BI Center for the PWA site where this has been enabled we have created folders for SSRS Data Connections and SSRS Report Models. One report model with data connection has been published from Business Intelligence Studio 2008. Publication goes well and when usign the drop-down menu for the report model file we see that it has the correct data connection information.

    However when we choose Load in Report Builder the data source is not available to select. Also when using the Browse option under Add Data Source we cannot go to SSRS Data Connection Library to select the data source. The only location we see is the URL of the report server and we cannot type in or add any other location. Since it displays the URL of the report server, which should not be used when the SP integration is on we assume there is some issue in the configuration.

    Note that we have had to run the Report Server Integration from the application management several times to even get it available. Is there some configuration files where we can look for the issue or would the best bet be to try and remove the whole SSRS integration from SharePoint? If so is there a described method of doing that?

    Thanks, Stig

    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 12:38 PM

Answers

  • Hello Stig,

    It's been several weeks and no reply. You may want to post on the SharePoint site for a solution.

    Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT


    Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:27 PM

All replies

  • Hello Stig,

    It's been several weeks and no reply. You may want to post on the SharePoint site for a solution.

    Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT


    Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:27 PM
  • Hi Michael,

    you are probably right. We were hoping to investigate whether it might be caused by some permissions issue, but have not had the time for that yet. There was some article that described an issue that had similar aspects where they asked you to check the log file for permission errors. We want to try that out. If it gets resolved I will post that here and if not post on the Sharepoint site.

    Thanks, Stig

    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:52 AM
  • He Stig,

    Thanks for the update.  I am interested in knowing this myself. 

    When the RTM release of Project Server is released, I will also deep dive into it myself and let you know what I find too

    Cheers!

    Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT


    Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 1:02 PM
  • Hi Michael,

    we have managed to resolve some of the issues we have seen with the SSRS integration. The key to this was to install the SSRS integration package with the same account that is the main service service account for SharePoint. The first time we did this another account was used and this caused some issues. This other account is member of local administrators group and also a farm administrator, but apparently that is not enough.

    We have made a note to always use the same main service account whenever we install anything on any of the SharePoint farm servers.

    The issue with the Report Builder is still there, but we will look some more into this now or log it on the SharePoint forums.

    Cheers, Stig

    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 3:25 PM