none
Can I write in MSDN Blogs? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I want to know can I write in MSDN blogs? or it is restricted to Microsoft employees?

if yes, so what is the blog posts part in point based recognition system ? it doesn't make sense.

Regards,

http://www.rad.pasfu.com
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 11:17 AM

All replies

• At present you can not create a new blog if you're not a Microsoft employee, but you can comment and rate blogs and certain number of ratings/comments bring an achievement.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 5:37 PM
  • You can also be contracted to Microsoft (you have a Microsoft email), which does include some MVPs, Partners, and MCCs, who are not direct employees.
    Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Monday, October 17, 2011 8:11 PM
    Owner
  • At present you can not create a new blog if you're not a Microsoft employee, but you can comment and rate blogs and certain number of ratings/comments bring an achievement.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Currently there are 6 achievement awards available to blog authors.

1 Bronze: New Blogger

2 Silver: Blogger II, Blog Conversation Starter

3 Gold: BLogger 3, BLog Party Starter, Blogs All Star

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Monday, October 17, 2011 8:13 PM
    Owner
  • What is the point having a recognition system for blogging, when only Microsoft employees can blog?

Josh Ash

Monday, February 6, 2012 11:45 PM
  • As Ed pointed, some MVPs, MCCs and Partners might have blogs (however the conditions are not clear for me). The people who you can see with these affiliations are not employees. You can find the list of currently available Profile Affiliations here.

-- Zoltán Horváth
    -- MCITP SQL Server Business Intelligence Developer 2005, 2008
    -- MCITP Database Developer 2008, Database Administrator 2008
    -- Please mark posts as answered or helpful where appropriate.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 5:25 AM
  • As Ed pointed, some MVPs, MCCs and Partners might have blogs (however the conditions are not clear for me). The people who you can see with these affiliations are not employees. You can find the list of currently available Profile Affiliations here.

-- Zoltán Horváth
    -- MCITP SQL Server Business Intelligence Developer 2005, 2008
    -- MCITP Database Developer 2008, Database Administrator 2008
    -- Please mark posts as answered or helpful where appropriate.

The condition being a Microsoft email.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 3:21 AM
    Owner
  • What is the point having a recognition system for blogging, when only Microsoft employees can blog?

Josh Ash

It still applies to the purpose of the Recognition system... to show recognition for achievements in the community. It can be a motivating factor for the author and/or a way for a reader to see how well recognized/successful the author is.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 3:24 AM
    Owner