none
Forums forgot my profile RRS feed

• Question

• Somehow my old profile was disconnected from my Live ID.  My old threads are still out there but the are no longer associated with my Live ID.  I was asked to re-register and now all of my statistics have been reset.  Is there a way to associate those old posts with my Live ID again?
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 10:05 PM

Answers

• I have contacted our support team who will reach out to you, to help you with this. Thanks for your patience.

Husain Shambhoora (@husains) | Program Manager, Microsoft Corporation
    Monday, October 12, 2009 8:26 PM

All replies

• Can you provide a link to your old profile (or your old display name)? This will help in identifying the issue here.
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 4:45 AM
  • Sure, my old display name was "ckcampbell".

Thanks!

Thursday, October 8, 2009 1:35 PM
  • Based on some initial digging, it seems that the two display names are associated with two different Windows Live IDs. Currently, we do not support associating posts from one ID to another ID.

About the problem of not being able to use your old Windows Live ID (associated with "ckcampbell"), are you able to login with the old Live ID?

Monday, October 12, 2009 7:40 PM
  • I didn't think it was a different Live ID.  The account I'm using is "ckcampbell248-AT-live.com"

Monday, October 12, 2009 7:43 PM
  • I have contacted our support team who will reach out to you, to help you with this. Thanks for your patience.

Monday, October 12, 2009 8:26 PM