Qualifying Lead and the Account Owner RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm fairly new with CRM and need some help with a request I've received today about qualifying Leads.

Currently when a Lead is qualified and an Account is created, the owner of the new Account is set to the owner of the originating Lead. Is it possible to change this so that the Account Owner is set to a generic user e.g. SYSTEM.

I've looked in Workflows and Relationships but cant seem to find out how the Account Owner is getting set.

Any help would be much appreciated

thanks

adam

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:09 AM

Answers

• Adam,

You can either use Jhansi code or if you are creating a workflow, you could use the out-of-the-box workflow steps called Assign Record.

I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful.

Dimaz Pramudya - CRM Developer - CSG (Melbourne) www.xrmbits.com http://twitter.com/xrmbits

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Adam,

Account Owner information is Set from Lead's 1-N relationship. 

Setting->Customization-> Customize the System -> Lead-> 1-N relation ship -> Account Originating Lead -> "Mappings" in the left navigation pan.

there you can see all the fields that are mapped to set when a lead is qualified to Account.

- Purush(MCTS) Rogrand Consulting(www.rogrand.com)China

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:18 AM
  • Great thanks very much for that.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:25 AM
  • Glad I could help. :)

- Purush(MCTS) Rogrand Consulting(www.rogrand.com)China

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:32 AM
  • Hi,

I've tried deleting the mapping for the ownerid for this 1:N relationship, (then saved the relationship and published my customization) however the new Account created is still owned by the owner of the Lead. Is there anything within CRM that defaults the Owner of the Account to the current user? Or is there another Relationship which I need to change the mappings for? Perhaps because the Account Owner is a mandatory field, removing the mapping wont have any effect.

thanks

adam

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:32 AM
  • adamac76,

By default when you create a record in CRM, it will by default set the Owner Id into the current user.

If you want to set the OwnerId into someone else, you can use the Assign function to assign it to other user (assuming that the current user has Append and AppendTo security access).

I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful.

Dimaz Pramudya - CRM Developer - CSG (Melbourne) www.xrmbits.com http://twitter.com/xrmbits

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:50 AM
  • Hi Dimaz,

Sorry, but Im a beginner with CRM. How do I use the Assign function? Because I want the new Account to be assigned automatically to a user called "SYSTEM" when the Account is created.

Thanks for your help

adam

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:10 AM
  • Hi,

Create a plugin on Create of Account Entity, if you want the result in Synchronous

Use the below code in the plugin

try
               {

Guid ownerid=// it will be the User "System" Guid"

Entity systemUser = new Entity("systemuser");
                  Entity Account= new Entity("account");
                  AssignRequest assign = new AssignRequest
                {
                       Assignee = new EntityReference(systemUser.LogicalName,
                      ownerId),
                       Target = new EntityReference(Account.LogicalName,
                       AccountGuid)
                   };

// Execute the Request
                   serviceProxy.Execute(assign);

Jhansi

• Edited by Sri_S Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:01 PM
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:58 AM
  • Adam,

You can either use Jhansi code or if you are creating a workflow, you could use the out-of-the-box workflow steps called Assign Record.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:02 PM