deploying plugin via Visual Studio RRS feed

• Question

• For full credit you have to answer two questions:

I'm in Windows 8 and VS2010 being discovered by disco.crm.microsoft.com.  I have the SDK developer's toolkit installed.  I started the project with the whole CRM solution and added plugins to it.  I signed all three of the default projects even though I have no SilverLight or Workflow development.

1) When I try to deploy I fail on something requires a public key.  What's wrong and how do I troubleshoot such a problem.

So I gave up and registered through the plugin registration tool, thus proving that there was no missing public key, I think.  They are working.

2) Is there any way to attach the working plugins back to the project to institute the integration?

Friday, April 12, 2013 4:15 PM

Answers

• The toolkit uses the .register file to register the components in the solution and upload it to crm.

Open the .register file and look for missing points there.

if you say added a plugin project and add a plugin in the project and did not have the deployment project attached to your plugin project, the references would be missing in the .register file.

for the second question, if you get the project working, you should be able to update the already registered plugin thru the dev toolkit.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:26 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by mardukes Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:21 PM
    Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:26 AM

All replies

• The toolkit uses the .register file to register the components in the solution and upload it to crm.

if you say added a plugin project and add a plugin in the project and did not have the deployment project attached to your plugin project, the references would be missing in the .register file.

for the second question, if you get the project working, you should be able to update the already registered plugin thru the dev toolkit.

HTH

Sam

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:26 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by mardukes Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:21 PM
    Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:26 AM
  • So you are saying that once I have connected to the solution in CRM I would have to ...?  Every project I start is automatically "in" it without deploying?  Has to be a "fresh" solution to deploy?  So how do I "download" a solution into Visual Studio to work on it?
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:31 PM

HTH

Sam

Sam gave me the answer elsewhere, the plugin project has to be referenced by the solution project.
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:22 PM