none
Cannot see "Computers" Option on remote web access, only Shared files??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys, im new to these forums and new to WHS too and so far the info on here has helped me vastly so many thanks in advance!

Something is just baffling me though;

I Have the 120 day trial version and have settup remote access accounts. When logging into these remotely I only get the option to view Shared files, and no option to access computers. Am I missing something obvious???

Thanks in advance for any help provided
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 3:51 AM

Answers

• Please use Internet Explorer instead of Firefox/Mozilla, Opera, Chrome, etc. Or if you're using Firefox, there's an add-on for it called IE Tab which allows you to host Internet Explorer within Firefox.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by jlwilson88 Saturday, January 10, 2009 2:28 PM
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 1:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    do you use Internet Explorer or another browser?
    Since the WHS Remote Access features rely on ActiveX, other browsers will not work out of the box.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 11:31 AM
  • Please use Internet Explorer instead of Firefox/Mozilla, Opera, Chrome, etc. Or if you're using Firefox, there's an add-on for it called IE Tab which allows you to host Internet Explorer within Firefox.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by jlwilson88 Saturday, January 10, 2009 2:28 PM
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 1:50 PM
  • That worked perfectly guys thanks very much! Never would have occurred to me!
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 2:28 PM