Timer Job in MS CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I want to create a timer job which can send a list of activities (which are due today) to activity Owner on a perticular time i.e. 8 AM PDT. How can I create a timer job to send email notification to activity owner?

Please let me know how can I achive this goal?

Thanks

Suresh Sorde

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:30 PM

All replies

• You need a windows service to run on daily basis and check for activities which are due on today and send an email to the owner along with link of activity.

OR

Create a workflow to wait untill due data of activity and send an email to owner if it is not completed.

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:52 PM
  • If you are running CRM On Premise you could create a SSRS report and schedule it to be sent via a subscription in Reporting Services.

If you are looking to include some sort of aggregation of data in a single email body you would probably need a report or create a custom workflow activity to gather the data together into the email body. 

Scheduling Recurring Workflows in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Online and On-Premise

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:57 PM
  • Hi Lattimer,

Thanks for the response, Yes i am running CRM On Premise and i tried using Reporting serivces. But fail to send email to the particular Owner of the activity.

Thanks

Suresh Sorde

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:18 PM
  • It sounds like the problem is most likely not with CRM itself at that point but more the Reporting Services setup if an email if not being sent at all. You might have to make individual reports based on each Activity owner and create a subscription for each user to their own corresponding report if you want them separated - otherwise 1 big report with multiple subscribers.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:39 PM
  • Hi Faisal,

Thanks for reply.

I do not want to create a windows service for this purpose. Does MS CRM 2011 not have any timer related thing? Just like SharePoint.<o:p></o:p>

We do not want to send individual notifications for each activity. We will group due activity based on owner & then send those activity list to the concern owner.

<o:p>Regards</o:p>

<o:p>Suresh</o:p>

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:57 PM
  • Hi Jason,

We can not make individual reports for Owner because owners are not fixed and also we do not want to send a list of activities to multiple owners. We want to send individual.

Thanks

Suresh

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 2:00 PM
  • You can accomplish your goal with custom entity and workflow.

I get it done for me with the help of the following link and you don't need to use any windows service at all.

Scheduling recurring Dynamics CRM workflows with FetchXML

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Proposed as answer by Litonn Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:18 PM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:18 PM