none
My Windows serial key does not match my CoA key

Question

• iTs frustating to buy a new laptop and i cant use it anymore, all gone!!!! i notice that lot of people are in same situation, we buy product from OEM, window7 starter, and and the software version is different from CoA!!! i cant beleive it, this is a basis quality issue, everything should be fixed first, we dont have to claim back the software to use laptop.
    Saturday, January 08, 2011 12:30 PM

Answers

• "DaveBret56" wrote in message news:bbbc5309-77e8-4e85-8e0c-5cc4b50a9217...
    iTs frustating to buy a new laptop and i cant use it anymore, all gone!!!! i notice that lot of people are in same situation, we buy product from OEM, window7 starter, and and the software version is different from CoA!!! i cant beleive it, this is a basis quality issue, everything should be fixed first, we dont have to claim back the software to use laptop.

A couple of problems with your post

1) You provide no details of your actual problem
    2) you're in the Windows XP Genuine forum - with deals only with problems with the WPA/WGA process.

In respect of having two different Keys (which is what I believe you're talking about, this is perfectly normal and expected.....
    Computers, which are built by large manufactures that come with Windows Pre-Installed, come with two (2) Product Keys:

A)   OEM SLP: This key comes pre-installed in Windows, when it comes from the Factory. This key is geared to work with the OEM Bios Flag found only on that Manufacturer's computer hardware. So when Windows was installed using the OEM SLP key (at the factory) Windows looks at the motherboard and sees the proper OEM Bios Flag (for that Manufacturer and that version of Windows) and Self-Activates. (that's why you did not need to Activate your computer after you brought it home)

B)     COA SLP: This is the Product key that you see on the sticker on the side (or bottom) of your computer. It is a valid product key, but should only be used in limited situations (such as if the OEM SLP key stops self-activating for whatever reason). The key must be activated by Phone. (Note: All manufacturers that use the OEM SLP system are required to include a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker, that has a COA SLP key, on the computer).

I suggest that you repost your problem with a copy of your MGADiag report, in the Windows 7 Genuine forum

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, January 08, 2011 10:51 PM

All replies

• "DaveBret56" wrote in message news:bbbc5309-77e8-4e85-8e0c-5cc4b50a9217...
    iTs frustating to buy a new laptop and i cant use it anymore, all gone!!!! i notice that lot of people are in same situation, we buy product from OEM, window7 starter, and and the software version is different from CoA!!! i cant beleive it, this is a basis quality issue, everything should be fixed first, we dont have to claim back the software to use laptop.

A couple of problems with your post

1) You provide no details of your actual problem
    2) you're in the Windows XP Genuine forum - with deals only with problems with the WPA/WGA process.

In respect of having two different Keys (which is what I believe you're talking about, this is perfectly normal and expected.....
    Computers, which are built by large manufactures that come with Windows Pre-Installed, come with two (2) Product Keys:

A)   OEM SLP: This key comes pre-installed in Windows, when it comes from the Factory. This key is geared to work with the OEM Bios Flag found only on that Manufacturer's computer hardware. So when Windows was installed using the OEM SLP key (at the factory) Windows looks at the motherboard and sees the proper OEM Bios Flag (for that Manufacturer and that version of Windows) and Self-Activates. (that's why you did not need to Activate your computer after you brought it home)

B)     COA SLP: This is the Product key that you see on the sticker on the side (or bottom) of your computer. It is a valid product key, but should only be used in limited situations (such as if the OEM SLP key stops self-activating for whatever reason). The key must be activated by Phone. (Note: All manufacturers that use the OEM SLP system are required to include a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker, that has a COA SLP key, on the computer).

I suggest that you repost your problem with a copy of your MGADiag report, in the Windows 7 Genuine forum

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, January 08, 2011 10:51 PM
  • No Reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:39 PM
    Owner