security role to show only one entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to know if i can specify any role which will allow the user to see only account and contact entities to the user... How can i do this?Is it possible ?

Also, can anyone please share good links to know scenario's about security roles ?

• Edited by Amy.4 Thursday, May 29, 2014 5:18 AM
    Thursday, May 29, 2014 5:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Try by removing permissions only for the Entities, not for other stuff like "Duplicate Detection", "Email Templates", "Data Map", etc. The best way would be tocopy an existing working role and just remove the permissions for the Entities only leaving Account and Contact.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

• Marked as answer by Amy.4 Thursday, May 29, 2014 11:43 AM
    Thursday, May 29, 2014 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, it's possible. Create a Security Role and provide Read (and whatever else permission you need to provide) permission for Account and Contact and remove all other permission from other entities (making the dots blank in the permission page). It would look as follows:

Assign users to that security role (making sure they are not assigned to any other role that might override their permissions for other entities), and you should have what you need.

Thursday, May 29, 2014 5:24 AM
  • Hi,

Check this post

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, May 29, 2014 5:27 AM
  • Hi Amy,

It is possible to allow user to show only particular entity level information.

Steps to do that:

Settings--->Administration--->Security Roles--->New--->Specify a Role name  --->Core records tab(second tab)--->You ll have list of all Entities in the left and access modes(Read,write,create delete etc) in the top--->Down U will see a key section explaining each symbols user access.

In your case you want only account and contact entity should be shown to @ user level,so in account and contact entity row straight to the read column click once which will turn into semi circle yello symbol whcih gives the access to the user to only account and contact.

Similarly you can allow the rights at different level.

and then later assign this role to user.

Go throuth this link wchich shows step by step explanation:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/richardknudson/archive/2011/07/20/dynamics-crm-2011-security-roles.aspx

Regards

Rekha .J

Thursday, May 29, 2014 5:35 AM
  • I have already tried this but it shows the following error...

I specified organization level for only account and contact.. in the core records.. bt when i open the user i find the error 

should i specify anythng else excluding this when i create a new role??

Thursday, May 29, 2014 11:17 AM
  • Hi,

Try by removing permissions only for the Entities, not for other stuff like "Duplicate Detection", "Email Templates", "Data Map", etc. The best way would be tocopy an existing working role and just remove the permissions for the Entities only leaving Account and Contact.

• Marked as answer by Amy.4 Thursday, May 29, 2014 11:43 AM
    Thursday, May 29, 2014 11:38 AM