none
Unable to reactivate VISTA Home Basic

Question

• I have an AMILO Li 3710 that I bought on 29 July 2009,of which I have done a recovery using the 3 DVD disk that I created on first use.

When I checked on recovery completion,I found that I was required to reactivate Windows.

I called\email Fujitsu, who suggested that I use the hidden partition that has the factory settings to restore from.

I did as they suggested, but, unfortunately, the activation notice was still applicable & the period expires in 2 days time.

I cannot see why it's necessary to reactivate Windows, as I have never changed any hardware\software & Windows came pre-installed.

It is the same Windows VISTA copy that came pre-installed, nothing has changed, the C.O.A is only partly legible,so I cannot activate by phone or online, but,I do not see why that should need to be used, when the OEM(Fujitsu) Product Key should suffice.

The C.O.A label doesn't show which O.S is installed,it's OEM not 'retail'.

Surely the recovery should have generated a string for the purpose of validation,that ought to be automatically done?

I can supply a JPEG image of the C.O.A on the underside of my laptop if necessary.

I have done a WGA Report for your information,which, hopefully you can help me with & which will be much appreciated if successfully reactivated.

Regards.

• Edited by Jason0077 Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:05 PM added info'
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:16 PM

Answers

• Well, as expected from your reply Noel, Fujitsu came out with the cop out & will not help.

I solved the problem in the most economical fashion & could not be happier.

I installed the latest Ubuntu release, installed STEAM,set up the firewall,added my printer,using Firefox & Rhythmbox for music.

No more 'security updates', no more proprietary software.

When Microsoft stop supporting Windows 7,I will move over to Linux with my desktop as well.

I've been using Windows since the O.S began, in my opinion, Windows has passed it's shelf life as a desktop O.S, Microsoft are like politicians, pretend to listen to the people, then carry on doing business as usual,by completely ignoring them.

Be that as it is,the best way to short circuit the system,is to jump outside of their paradigm,that's what I have done.

Friday, May 2, 2014 7:13 PM

All replies

• MGA Diagnostic Report:

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool 
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
     Once saved, run the tool. 
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
     To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

If you can't access the desktop....

If you do not have access to the Start Button:
     1) Login to Vista and click the option that brings up Internet Explorer.
     2) Type: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 into the browser address bar.
     3) A window will come up asking if you want to “Run” or “Save”, Select “Run”
     4) When the program runs, click the “Continue” button, then click the “Copy” button (IGNORE any error messages at this point).
     5) Return to this thread 
    6) In a reply post, paste the Diagnostic Report (by right-click select Paste or by using Ctrl+V)

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 9:59 PM
  • Sorry, cant insert links or images until account verified.

How long will it take to verify?

Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:08 PM
  • Paste your results into notepad and go through them deleting any website addresses and then copy/paste that here.  They are not needed for the diagnoses and that is all that is stopping you from posting.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:32 PM
  • Here is an updated report,after installing VISTA SP2.

Also,for some unknown reason,I can't use MSN for my homepage.

I'm also having to install Windows Updates piecemeal,as otherwise,the d\load's & updates fail to complete.

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-2JJ3Q-RV8P3-T9WVM
    Windows Product Key Hash: TBsaYwH5Ed9EumAhhwDo0kykCTw=
    Windows Product ID: 89572-OEM-7332166-00019
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6002.2.00010300.2.0.002
    ID: {381AA2C7-4BCB-4433-8861-87F0EBB9C4E3}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Basic
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6002.lh_sp2rtm.090410-1830
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: 6.0.6002.16398

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-604-645_025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{381AA2C7-4BCB-4433-8861-87F0EBB9C4E3}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.0.6002.2.00010300.2.0.002</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-T9WVM</PKey><PID>89572-OEM-7332166-00019</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-653094400-1058599512-1282625196</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>FUJITSU SIEMENS</Manufacturer><Model>AMILO Li3710</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix</Manufacturer><Version>1.10</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="5"/><Date>20090821000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>D3333507018400F8</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>FSC   </OEMID><OEMTableID>PC      </OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
    Software licensing service version: 6.0.6002.18005
    Name: Windows(TM) Vista, HomeBasic edition
    Description: Windows Operating System - Vista, OEM_SLP channel
    Activation ID: 199086aa-6cb8-4e5b-b698-f2be56f1e8ee
    Application ID: 55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f
    Extended PID: 89572-00146-321-600019-02-2057-6001.0000-1142014
    Installation ID: 001643984905797431458140889833892102338612026751177483
    Processor Certificate URL:
    Machine Certificate URL:
    Use License URL:
    Product Key Certificate URL:
    Partial Product Key: T9WVM
    License Status: Initial grace period
    Time remaining: 21600 minute(s) (15 day(s))

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: NAAAAAEAAgABAAIAAQABAAAAAwABAAEAeqjo6Ry2kqx6f7Z2pKniHvL0cHYYLRrUrFZGyg==

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: no, invalid Windows marker
    Windows marker version: N/A
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: N/A
    BIOS Information:
      ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value
      APIC   QCI     EF7    
      FACP   QCI     EF7    
      HPET   QCI     EF7    
      BOOT   QCI     EF7    
      MCFG   QCI     EF7    
      TCPA   QCI     EF7    
      SLIC   FSC     PC     
      SSDT   PmRef  CpuPm
      SSDT   PmRef  CpuPm
      SSDT   PmRef  CpuPm

Any help will be much appreciated,thank you.

Friday, April 25, 2014 11:43 AM
  • The problem is that your system is unable to properly read the BIOS SLIC table that should be present in the system to be able to self-activate the OS.  

You need to change the Product Key to the one on the COA sticker on the machine's case (or inside the battery compartment),  using the Change Product Key link at the bottom of the System properties page.

You may need to activate by phone.   

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Saturday, April 26, 2014 11:05 AM
  • Thanks for replying Noel.

Unfortunately,that's where my 'problem' lies,due to the C.O.A label being partly illegible, I cannot read the last block of letters\numbers.

I have done a scanner image of the label on the underside of the laptop,opened it in windows image viewer,zoomed in, but, as I say, i cannot read the last block.

I can send that image to Microsoft Support,if that would help in getting a 'new' C.O.A, but, I can't see why I have the problem in the first place, as nothing has changed in terms of hardware\software.

Should I contact Microsoft Support,sending the diagnostic report & label image?

Saturday, April 26, 2014 2:42 PM
  • The problem lies with the BIOS SLIC table - sometimes it gets corrupted and can't be properly read.

Here's my standard spiels on the subject...

Your problem is that for some reason, the system is unable to properly read the SLIC table in the BIOS, which is required to be able to self-activate the OEM_SLP Key with which the computer came installed.

The normal solution is to change the Key to the one on your COA sticker - but you say that you are unable to read the Key there.

In such circumstances, the only things you can do are

1) recreate the Licensing Store - in case it's a minor software problem causing the misread  (already done)

2) try updating the BIOS to the latest available Vista-compliant one, from the manufacturer's website    (already done)

3) Contact the manufacturer direct, and see if they can provide assistance to correct the SLIC table   

4) a reformat and reinstall using the manufacturer's recovery media   (already done)

5) purchase a new license for Windows (or a new computer)   

That leaves you with options 3 and 5 :(

There *may* be an alternative solution though, if you are patient and persistent.

Attempt Telephone Activation, and speak to an operator - they will tell you that your current Key
    is blocked (they should then ask for confirmation of your Product Key). Explain
    to them your problem, that you need to change the Key to the one on your sticker,
    but that the sticker is unreadable (could they please supply a replacement
    Key?). Hopefully they will ask for documentary proof of the sticker, in the
    form of an email with a picture of the affected sticker - and you can proceed
    from there.

Sometimes it takes two or three calls before you get an operator who actually knows and uses
    this procedure - but I know that it can and does happen.

Saturday, April 26, 2014 4:21 PM
  • Thank you for the quick reply Noel,I will try suggestion(3),then the direct phone method,unfortunately,I am hearing aid dependent,at nearly 70 years of age,even with an aid is extremely difficult.

It's actually my grand-daughter's laptop,she starts  college in September,it looks like I may have to install Linux for her,if your suggestions are not successful.

I appreciate very much your replies.

Saturday, April 26, 2014 6:48 PM
  • Since my last post,I have been  told by Fujitsu's advisor that he will try to supply me with a replacement C.O.A.

That was 2 days ago,since when,I haven't heard back from him.

I also have a desktop with W7 64 Bit installed, can I use the 32 bit disc that came with it,to install it on my Fujitsu laptop & purchase a C.O.A

from Microsoft in order to activate it?

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 10:33 AM
  • MS no longer sell Windows Vista or Windows 7 - so you'd have to (very carefully) purchase from a reliable seller. This means that it would almost certainly be an OEM System Builder disk (or a counterfeit!).

I've never heard of an OEM being able to issue a new COA key or sticker, in the 4 years I've been in these forums - so don't hold your breath over that.

Your best bet is to see if MS can come up trumps, but they may decide that Vista is too old to do this for (all the cases that I know of are Windows 7)

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 3:31 PM
  • You may be right Noel,it's been a couple of days waiting to see if they will help,I shan't hold my breath,it would be nice if they could.

If they don't,then I will install a Linux distro, like the latest Ubuntu.

I use my high performance desktop for gaming,so, losing Vista is not a big deal.

I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 4:50 PM
  • Well, as expected from your reply Noel, Fujitsu came out with the cop out & will not help.

I solved the problem in the most economical fashion & could not be happier.

I installed the latest Ubuntu release, installed STEAM,set up the firewall,added my printer,using Firefox & Rhythmbox for music.

No more 'security updates', no more proprietary software.

When Microsoft stop supporting Windows 7,I will move over to Linux with my desktop as well.

I've been using Windows since the O.S began, in my opinion, Windows has passed it's shelf life as a desktop O.S, Microsoft are like politicians, pretend to listen to the people, then carry on doing business as usual,by completely ignoring them.

Be that as it is,the best way to short circuit the system,is to jump outside of their paradigm,that's what I have done.

Friday, May 2, 2014 7:13 PM
  • If you can get through the learning curve, and assuming you can find all you need in Linux, then that's possibly the best solution.

Good luck with it!

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 2:54 PM