Virus Detected On MySpace...computer acting funny RRS feed

• Question

• On 3/2/09 I was on MySpace and went to a friends profile but when IE opened the profile page my OneCare detected the following virus..

TrojanClicker:HTML/Agent.D

OneCare stated that the threat level was SEVERE. It removed the virus at the time.
    Ever since then I have had wierd things going onn with my computer. The mouse doesnt work right. Running processes that shouldnt be and system service called "Akamai NetSession Interface" is automatically running. Under my firewall, Akamai Net Session is listed 5 times and checked off under the allowed to run software listing.

Does or has anyone heard of this program or service before? I have never seen it on my system prior to today. And is this possibly a virus? When I looked up the detected virus name there is no information at all about it and it says low risk. But my detailed log I printed up tonight says SEVERE.

Help and any thoughts or advice is appreciated. Dont want my system to bottom out. Thanks.
    K. Patrick
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• I'm not sure why you would have multiple processes running that you say should not be or why the Akamai NetSession Interface would be running. Having it listed multiple times in the firewall could be due to it having been updated multiple times. Each time the exe is changed, it needs to be reviewed and allowed again.
    See this link for what that service is: http://www.akamai.com/client/

If you are using Windows Live OneCare and believe that you have been infected, but OneCare did not detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx  for details.  For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:52 PM
  • Hello,

i found akamai netsession interface in my firewall as well then i made a logg from my router outbound and akamai interface was sending 500 E-Mail a day. Wenn you have this in your firewall several times it opens the firewall and everytime is another port so it can send from each port he opens so afther a few days you will have 10 times akamai netsession interface in your firewall listed and each time another port. How to stop this undo the box but don`t clear the entire entrance because it will renew it and then start again. How to goon I don`t now yet it`s my first day that I am working on it.
    Watch your Router and even if you turn your computer off it will still keep on sending Mails. so everytime I am on the net I have my router on wenn not turn it completely off!!!

immi24 from Germany/Holland
    Monday, June 1, 2009 7:29 PM

• Watch your Router and even if you turn your computer off it will still keep on sending Mails. so everytime I am on the net I have my router on wenn not turn it completely off!!!

If your computer is powered off, it cannot send emails. The router is not capable of sending anything, though it could, in theory be compromised to be used as a relay. That is highly unlikely, though.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, June 1, 2009 7:59 PM
  • I just looked up the information on this program and couldn't find anything either. I went to control panel and removed it because my computer was starting to run slow and I don't remember even downloading this program to begin with. as soon as I deleted it my mouse started moving at normal speed. however I ran four full scans and malware scans and none has detected this program as a threat. Maybe it is not a virus but i has been causing issue with my booting up and running my comupter. Again I never installed this program so I can't even say how or why it is in my control panel either. someone needs to check deeper and find out where this program comes from.
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 8:00 PM
  • Ok Akamai netsession interface makes ur Download speed increase look it up on google
    Friday, May 28, 2010 3:42 AM