none
Hyper-V in Windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i've just download visual studio 2013 professional to start developing applications for Windows Phone and because of my Windows(it's regular windows 8.1, not Pro) i can't start emulator. Is there any way to install Hyper-V on regular windows 8 or emulate apps on other virtualization engine?

Sunday, April 13, 2014 11:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Zapalka,

To check whether your computer supports Hyper-v, please refer to:

# Does your Windows 8.1 computer supports Hyper-V?

http://techpageone.dell.com/technology/windows-8-1-computer-supports-hyper-v/#.U0uBX3mKCM8

To install the Hyper-v on Windows 8.1, please refer to:

# Enabling Hyper-V for use on Windows 8.1

http://blogs.technet.com/b/canitpro/archive/2014/03/11/step-by-step-enabling-hyper-v-for-use-on-windows-8-1.aspx

If you have the issues about Windows Phone, I suggest that you should post it in the Windows Phone forum for efficient response.

For the issues of Hyper-v, please post it to the corresponding forum for efficient response.

Thanks

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 14, 2014 6:40 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, but problem is with my Windows, which is just 8.1, not Pro or Enterprise. Client Hyper-V is only available on Pro and Enterprise. My CPU supports SLAT.

Any way to download Hyper-V and install it on my Windows?

Best Regards

Monday, April 14, 2014 7:32 PM
  • Hello Zapalka,

Hyper-V comes with Windows 8 or above. You cannot download Hyper-V as a separate product.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Charbel Nemnom (UAE MVP)

MCSE, MCS, MCSA, MCP, MVP

Blog: www.charbelnemnom.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, October 10, 2015 12:06 PM