Azure - How to sell? RRS feed

• Question

• Morning all,

hope you are all well and staying safe!

I work for a MSP , and i know the company is looking towards azure as a future offering to customers we provide services too, at the moment the company has their own data centres which we host services in. I know how to sell that etc as its our own pricing etc.

I'm a techy and get asked to do pre-sales often to design and spec a solution for a customer, however i wouldn't know how to price a comparison with Azure, i've read a few books AZ-300 and watched some videos on Azure's offerings etc, but if it came down to it i wouldn't know how to price everything up that i thought a customer would need to put their infrastructure into Azure.

For example, lets just say a customer wanted to migrate a very simple setup of 2 DC's , and a file server. How would you price the networking needs to hook them into azure ? how do you price the VM's to give accurate monthly costs, the thing that concerns me is there seems to be fluctuating costs depending on how much data / traffic is used in certain areas.

I'm not asking anyone to price this up btw, but is there a learning resource i could use, either paid for or free that explains exactly how to price spec different parts of azure so i can be confident selling it and giving accurate prices to a customer?

thanks for reading, any help appreciated!

Dunn

Monday, September 14, 2020 7:18 AM