Firewall blocking MS Games for windows live RRS feed

• Question

• This is my last attempt on trying to figure out this problem, and knowing my luck its sitting right under my nose

I have a problem with GTA IV with MS Games for windows... If Oncare Firewall is on it wont sign in, if its off it does with out a problem

I have entered all programs (gta iv, ms games for win etc etc) into onecare and allowed them, opened ports in onecare (and on my router) but it keeps failing the login saying there is no connection

Has anyone got any ideas.... Please!! lol

If any additional info is needed leet me know

Thank you
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 11:23 PM

Answers

• Hi, zoopy, and sorry for the late reply. I don't have an answer for you, but believe that you will best be helped by contacting support to investigate and resolve this problem for you. About the only reason that I can think of for the block without warning is that there is other security software active that is conflicting with OneCare. You should be prompted if it blocks the program and the fact that it works when you disable the firewall rules out other problems.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Monday, January 12, 2009 2:42 PM

All replies

• Additional Information

If I set the Firewall to allow all it does not log in.
    If I set it to flag when it blocks Program, nothing is flagged

I have uninstalled Onecare and re-installed it twice now, both times it hasnt flagged anything and MS games for windows while in game fails to log in with an error of there is no internet connection (where as I can minimise the program and use Firefox or internet explorer)

It seems very odd that a program that Mircosoft make blocks another program made by microsoft and I cant seem to find why or a way to bypass it.
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 12:36 PM
  • Hi, zoopy, and sorry for the late reply. I don't have an answer for you, but believe that you will best be helped by contacting support to investigate and resolve this problem for you. About the only reason that I can think of for the block without warning is that there is other security software active that is conflicting with OneCare. You should be prompted if it blocks the program and the fact that it works when you disable the firewall rules out other problems.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Monday, January 12, 2009 2:42 PM