Can't Log off RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings Everyone

Here is my Problem, I Did a Clean Install, And Did All of the Updates, When Server Boots Up It Goes Right To The Desktop, Second... When i click logoff all it does it relaod the desktop, It doesnt even try to Log Off The Administrator

Any Thoughts?

Thanks

Mike

Michael Hodges
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 10:14 AM

Answers

• Well i dont know why but i rebooted and now everything is working fine....Go Figure :D

Thanks

Mike
    Michael Hodges
    • Marked as answer by MikeyPooh Sunday, February 15, 2009 10:41 AM
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 10:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Michael,
    did you at any time get the initial Windows Home Server configuration screen to determine the server name and the console password?
    If not, the installation never has been completed (although you should have gotten an error message in this case).
    During the entire installation process the WHS Setup DVD must remain in the drive.
    Also you normally should not logon to the server, but use the connector software for the initial configuration (only if no network drivers have been installed, a local logon may be necessary).

I would recommend to retry the installation from the scratch.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 10:29 AM
  • i got that screen and finished setting it up, Then it went to the desktop at which time i installed my drivers and did my updates....now i cant logout, It just reloads the desktop

Mike
    Michael Hodges
    • Unmarked as answer by MikeyPooh Sunday, February 15, 2009 10:41 AM
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 10:36 AM
  • Well i dont know why but i rebooted and now everything is working fine....Go Figure :D

Thanks

Mike
    Michael Hodges
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 10:41 AM
  • MikeyPooh said:

Well i dont know why but i rebooted and now everything is working fine....Go Figure :D

Thanks

Mike

Michael Hodges

I had the same problem recently when I was installing WHS in a VM.  It turns out that there is a registry key that keeps track of how many reboots are left (probably used during the WHS portion of the install).  If you keep rebooting the server, eventually it will stop (I think there were 3 extra reboots when I installed it).
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 5:17 PM