OCS 2007 testing Disaster Recovery. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to test Disaster Reocvery of OCS 2007 setup.
    I am having the following configuration already setup and running for 1500 users.
    OCS 2007 Enterprise Edition , with 1 Front End in Consolidated Topology.SQL 2005 Enterprise Edition as Backend.
    Other roles installed are Acrchiving and CDR Server , CWA Server and Access Edge.
    All the roles are installed on separate boxes.
    I am taking regular backups of the SQL DB on the Backend and the Archiving Server.
    The Global ,Pool and Computer Level Settings are also being backed up.
    I want to test in case of a Disaster whether restoring all the required backup would bring the OCS Service online.
    The scope is to restore the services internally i.e IM , Web Conferencing , AV should be available from the Internal Network.
    Remote user Access is not part of the recovery ,hence Access Edge and CWA are out of Scope.
    Archiving is also not considered.
    Hence I believe I would have to get the Front End and the Backend restoration done.
    I am planning to test restoration in a test Environment which will have AD.This environment would be cut of from Production.
    I have gone through the OCS Backup Doc.I am a bit confused as to how it should start.

The plan that i can figure out fom the backup document is as follows:-

Setting up Server Platform.This would  require building up 2 servers one for OCS Front End and the Other SQL DB.
    Installing Restoration Tool.
    Recreating Enterprise Pool.
    Restoring Database.
    Restoring Settings in Enterprise Pool.
    Activate Server.
    Start Services.
    Reassing Users.

Please help me know if the plan that I have put up is correct or not.

Thanks.
    Friday, October 30, 2009 12:34 PM

Answers