Ad-aware 2007 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

A question : Can Ad-ware be installed when using WLOC 2 ?

Is there no conflitcs between the both programs?

Thanks fore replying.

Ben

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 9:22 AM

Answers

• Hello Ben, you can use AdAware 2007 with One Care however it would not be my first choice. Unlike earlier versions of AdAware, AdAware 2007 runs processes in the background. Like most new antispyware programs, AdAware 2007 has become very aggressive. Since One Care is always on and aggressive, I prefer programs like Spybot Search And Destroy or A Squared because they only run when you launch them and when you close them they close completely, leaving no running processes.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 2:26 PM

All replies

• Hello Ben, you can use AdAware 2007 with One Care however it would not be my first choice. Unlike earlier versions of AdAware, AdAware 2007 runs processes in the background. Like most new antispyware programs, AdAware 2007 has become very aggressive. Since One Care is always on and aggressive, I prefer programs like Spybot Search And Destroy or A Squared because they only run when you launch them and when you close them they close completely, leaving no running processes.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 2:26 PM
  • Thanks for replying.

What do you think of using Trend Micro House Call?

It scans on-line if your computer is infected with spyware and so on.

Thanks- Ben

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 5:04 PM
  • You can use Housecall periodically if you wish.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:20 PM
  • Hi Jim,

Could you recommend me another scan online program?

Trend Housecall is rather slow to get run.

Thanks for replying.

Ben

Friday, August 31, 2007 8:48 AM
  • Hello Ben, Online scans are always slower than local scans. There are too many products to list here but if you search using the term "online malware scan" you will see an extensive list from which to choose.
    Friday, August 31, 2007 1:37 PM
  • Hi Jim,

Thanks for replying.

Trend HouseCall is rather slow but it seems to be cool to scan online.

Thank you- Ben

Sunday, September 2, 2007 8:34 AM