CRM installation fails on sharepoint integrated SQL RS RRS feed

• Question

• I want to install CRM 4.0 on a server with server 2008 and SQL server 2008 in sharepoint integrated mode with Sharepoint services 3.0 and with Reportng services add-in installed and configured.

During setup I enter http://CRMSERVER/ReportServer as ReportServer URL, when requested. But then I get the errormessage indicatng that this report server cannot be validated: this operaion os not supported on a report server that is configured to run in Sharepoint integrated mode.

What is that about? I want to create reports and dialogue for editing and viewing data from MSCRM from remote locations and I thought it would make sense to do this through Sharepoint. Is that impossible? Or how then if not through SQL's sharepoint integrated mode?
    R.
    Monday, July 27, 2009 4:36 PM

Answers

• You need to select Native Mode.  CRM 4.0 does not support SQL Reporting Services in Sharepoint integrated mode.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Monday, July 27, 2009 6:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by ruud00000 Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:22 AM
    Monday, July 27, 2009 6:46 PM
  • Ok, Donna is right.  And SSRS can be configured to be native or installed in Share Point mode.

Aside from that I'm thinking this server is an 8 way Xeon with 64 GB of memory and DAS and NAS beyond immagination.

Becuse in production, I would never put CRM on a Share Point server except for demos and labs.

Lots of things can be done. But the question that has to be asked is should they be done.

Hardware is Cheap.

Also Keven Lagghrs himself told us to never put SharePoint and SQL on the same box unless its a demo server.

Curtis J Spanburgh
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 5:21 AM

All replies

• hi
    see if your sql browser service has been started.
    try localhost instead of servername.
    Look at which ports all these services are using maybe your report server is published on a different port
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Monday, July 27, 2009 4:45 PM
  • Well I checked the sql server browser, it was set to disabled, so I enabled it and started it, but no change.

The ReportServer can be found: typing http://crmserver/ReportServer I get the reporting services page indicating that MS SQL server Reporting services Version 10.0.2531.0 is running) so ports etc shouldn't be an issue?

Moreover the error message specifically states that the issue has to do with the sharepoint integrated mode: 'this operaion os not supported on a report server that is configured to run in Sharepoint integrated mode'?
    R.
    Monday, July 27, 2009 5:57 PM
  • You need to select Native Mode.  CRM 4.0 does not support SQL Reporting Services in Sharepoint integrated mode.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Monday, July 27, 2009 6:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by ruud00000 Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:22 AM
    Monday, July 27, 2009 6:46 PM
  • I'm having the same issue. 

How do you select Native Mode?  SQL Server and SharePoint are already installed.  Does one of them need to be re-installed to select Native Mode? 

Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:57 PM
  • Ok, Donna is right.  And SSRS can be configured to be native or installed in Share Point mode.

Aside from that I'm thinking this server is an 8 way Xeon with 64 GB of memory and DAS and NAS beyond immagination.

Becuse in production, I would never put CRM on a Share Point server except for demos and labs.

Lots of things can be done. But the question that has to be asked is should they be done.

Hardware is Cheap.

Also Keven Lagghrs himself told us to never put SharePoint and SQL on the same box unless its a demo server.

Curtis J Spanburgh
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 5:21 AM
  • Based on this article, I suggest reinstalling SQL.  CRM doesn't generally like it when things are not configured according to the installation guide.  Although you might find a way to overcome issues, you might run into unexpected issues down stream. 

I suggest a complete uninstall of SQL and delete the program folder to remove all references to databases, etc.

Here is an excerpt from the article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb326407.aspx

Although you can switch the mode for the report server, you cannot switch the mode for the report server database. A report server database contains mode-specific data that is unusable in different context. If you created a report server database in SharePoint integrated mode, you cannot use it with a native mode report server.

Regards, Donna

Thursday, December 30, 2010 1:51 PM
  • Hi Donna

I ran into same problem. But I tried doing one workaround. I created one more instance of SQL and used the report Server of this new instance. Setup completed with success.

Will there be some problem because of this. as I did not uninstall the SQL

Sunday, February 20, 2011 12:14 AM