none
How to: Create a Program with the rs232 Device -Magcard Reader Writer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys!. 

Im New in using VB.net 2010 express 
    and it is my first time to do a project with a device needed to incorporate with it.

I have a device Magnetic Card Reader writer and a i want to create a connection and UI 

that interacts with the device alone without using the default application and process.start command.

the main problem i want to be solve is to perform the connection and commands on a single form by allowing the user to read and write the data on a single form. 

what i want to do is to create a main form that executes the commands needed to activate the event or allows the user to use the device w/o using the software. with the use of text box and button, while the read executes automatically if the card is swipe to it end fill out the focus textbox given.

i have here a document that discuss commands for the device and i think it is needed to successfully connect all the process from device to the system

can you help me to do this project? tnx.. :)

• Moved by Esther FanMicrosoft employee Friday, February 21, 2014 7:38 PM
    • Moved by Carl Cai Monday, February 24, 2014 3:01 AM (from vb.net) issues related to third-party are not supported
    Friday, February 21, 2014 6:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN.

I am afraid that this is not the proper forum for this issue, since each  Magnetic Card Reader writer has its API for developers.

You could consider getting supports by connecting with the publisher of that Magnetic Card Reader writer which should have the sample about using its API.

In addition, I did a research, you could refer to

Build a .NET Class for Serial Device Communications with P/Invoke to get how to communicate with that serial device.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Carl Cai Monday, February 24, 2014 3:12 AM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 3:00 AM