none
VS2017 Docker enabled Web API build and the whole systems get stuck - Restart is the only cure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I'm using the latest bits of VS 2017 from MSDN Subscription. 

Steps to reproduce the issue 

1. Docker for Windows is up and running - in Windows mode

2. Open VS 2017

3. New Project -> .Net Core -> ASP.Net Core Web Application -> API Template -> Check Enabled Docker Support

4. Project gets created with the required files

5. Execute project

6. Build Starts - and never ends. VS2017 window is responsible but unable to close the solution as build is running

Additional probe

1. I thought the base docker images were taking time to download - So, downloaded separately from the hub through Power Shell

2. Docker images for this project was successfully created - checked using Power shell

3. I switched the startup project to API through the solution explorer; and ran the debug session again. This time I got the following error ... Is my VS2017 Corrupt?

4. Tried creating a simple web api project without docker support as well, same issue. Next option, will try repaid VS 2017; please post other options if you can think of.

---------------------------
    Microsoft Visual Studio
    An error occurred attempting to determine the process id of dotnet.exe which is hosting your application. A task was canceled.
    OK   

Dk

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 11:40 AM

All replies

• Did you use any VPN or change the time zone?

If so please turn off VPN or change the time back and see.

Also found another similar case, the following answer might give some hints:

https://stackoverflow.com/a/41072337/9125096

Regards,

Fletcher 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Thursday, March 22, 2018 8:55 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Friday, March 23, 2018 9:43 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 8:55 AM
  • Hi Dhiwakar J Kusuma,

Do you resolve this issue in you side?

Since it was related to the ASP.Net Core Web Application, you know that it has his own supported forum.

If you get any ASP.NET Core issue, you could post your issue here:

https://forums.asp.net/1255.aspx/1?ASP+NET+Core

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 5, 2018 5:15 AM